• The KillerFrogs

Georgia, Michigan and TCU

puckster59

Yeah we’ve literally seen this story before.

Our argument is better this time, as this time we would be the ones with 12 wins and they would be the ones with only 11 wins, , but we all know how it would end up anyway. The committee is picking 1 loss Ohio State over 1 loss TCU
Again, I’m not arguing against TCU. I have only said the powers that be don’t want TCU. The want gargantuan universities that make them money. Show me evidence to the contrary.

bc puckett

Yeah we’ve literally seen this story before.

Our argument is better this time, as this time we would be the ones with 12 wins and they would be the ones with only 11 wins, , but we all know how it would end up anyway. The committee is picking 1 loss Ohio State over 1 loss TCU
Do you have a closet you live in? Because quite frankly I have never seen a more negative person posting on this board. Do you actually enjoy TCU football? Or do you just want to point out what could go wrong which at this point is very little. This has been a historic season and it’s time to stop clutching your pearls and enjoy it

Planks

Again, I’m not arguing against TCU. I have only said the powers that be don’t want TCU. The want gargantuan universities that make them money. Show me evidence to the contrary.
Agreed. There is certainly a brand name bias.

Also, we know in the lastest rankings the committee had 11-0 Ohio State #2, and 11-0 TCU #4, so we already know all things being equal they view Ohio State as two spots better than TCU, at least prior to this weekend.

If TCU loses the CCG, then the only change that is in TCU’s favor is a win over last place Iowa State. Is that win alone enough to bridge the two spot gap the committee had in their minds before this weekend? it won’t be.

puckster59

Agreed. There is certainly a brand name bias.

Also, we know in the lastest rankings the committee had 11-0 Ohio State #2, and 11-0 TCU #4, so we already know all things being equal they view Ohio State as two spots better than TCU, at least prior to this weekend.

If TCU loses the CCG, then the only change that is in TCU’s favor is a win over last place Iowa State. Is that win alone enough to bridge the two spot gap the committee had in their minds before this weekend? it won’t be.
I honestly think this is a “make up the rules as you go” kind of thing. Logic has no place.

Sebastian S

you think previous rankings mean anything to the committee when they do the next ranking?

Planks

you think previous rankings mean anything to the committee when they do the next ranking?

I’m not really saying that previous rankings mean anything. I know the committee supposedly starts from scratch every week. I’m just saying that previous rankings gave us an idea of what the committee thinks of Ohio State and TCU when they have the same record.

The only argument for the committee changing their mind would be the extra win TCU has had since those last rankings, but our extra win was over Iowa State, the last place team in our conference.

If they thought Ohio State was better than TCU, then a win over Iowa State isn’t the thing that’s going to change their minds. If it’s a subjective decision the committee has to make between 1 loss TCU and 1 loss Ohio State, I think the committee has already shown us who they will pick based upon where they ranked 0 loss TCU and 0 loss Ohio State.

bc puckett

I’m not really saying that previous rankings mean anything. I know the committee supposedly starts from scratch every week. I’m just saying that previous rankings gave us an idea of what the committee thinks of Ohio State and TCU when they have the same record.

The only argument for the committee changing their mind would be the extra win TCU has had since those last rankings, but our extra win was over Iowa State, the last place team in our conference.

If they thought Ohio State was better than TCU, then a win over Iowa State isn’t the thing that’s going to change their minds. If it’s a subjective decision the committee has to make between 1 loss TCU and 1 loss Ohio State, I think the committee has already shown us who they will pick based upon where they ranked 0 loss TCU and 0 loss Ohio State.
Here’s the only scenario that matters. Go win the scheissing game

COLUMBUS, Ohio -- Big Ten commissioner Kevin Warren called No. 3 Michigan's 45-23 victory over No. 2 Ohio State an "instant classic" and made the case after the game that "without a doubt" the Big Ten should end up with two teams in the College Football Playoff.

"One hundred percent," Warren told ESPN on Saturday. "Clearly, Michigan and Ohio State are two of the best four teams in the country, and I think today proved it

When you lose by 22 on your own field your season is over. Had Michigan lost by less than one score he has a case to be made. Dude must still have Covid brain.

kodiak

Consider this. Our round robin schedule. Iowa St., the worst team by record, had the best defense in conference until yesterday. We crushed them.
also, can we feed HypnoFrog into the committee boardroom? Asking for a friend.

So, in conclusion, we all agree. JUST WIN! Discussion over.

McFroggin

Just win is the answer.

Overheard some Ohio State fans say their odds of making the playoffs are still high. They believe a TCU or USC loss and they are in.

Planks

Cincinnati last year

I’m not sure that’s really a good example, there wasn’t really a subjective decision to be made last year. Cincinnati was undefeated, and the Big 12, Pac 12, and ACC champions all had 2+ losses. And the next most logical blue blood school to put in was Notre Dame who only had 1 loss, but that 1 loss was literally to Cincinnati.

Undefeated TCU gets into the playoffs over 1 loss Ohio State, there will be no decision to be made but the committee. But if it’s a 1 loss TCU vs 1 loss Ohio State and a subjective decision needs to be made by the committee, they are going to pick Ohio State.

We need to win our CCG so that the committee doesn’t have a decision to make.