• The KillerFrogs

Georgia, Michigan and TCU

Hemingway

Here’s this amazing gif I found that will solve our problems
Lincoln Rhyme GIF by NBC

Nick Danger

Well, that’s nice. And if TCU wins, I’m sure they’ll be in the Top 4. However, frankly even if they lose a close game, they should be in.
Well, one factor that plays in TCU's favor is the fact that Ohio State is now in 5th, and you would think that there would be an aversion, even subliminally, amongst the committee voters to have Ohio State jump TCU yet again, here at the last moment, should the Frogs lose! Additionally, it would seem like Ohio State was backing into the playoffs because they didn't have to play an extra game this weekend. The media outcry would be substantial, not because the media feels that TCU is that deserving, but they just love a good "Outrage", and hopefully just not worth it to the Committee voters.

Last edited:

Planks

Well, one factor that plays in TCU's favor is the fact that Ohio State is now in 5th, and you would think that there would be an aversion, even subliminally, amongst the committee voters to have Ohio State jump TCU yet again, here at the last moment, should the Frogs lose! Additionally, it would seem like Ohio State was backing into the playoffs because they didn't have to play an extra game this weekend. The media outcry would be substantial, not because the media feels that TCU is that deserving, but they just love a good "Outrage", and hopefully just not worth it to the Committee voters.

In my opinion, possibly a more important ranking from tonight was Penn State (Ohio State’s best win) and Kansas State (TCU’s best win). Penn State is now #8 and Kansas State is now #10

Last week Penn State was #11 and Kansas State #12, only one spot apart. My fear was that the committee was going to use Tulane’s loss as an excuse to really increase the separation between Penn State and Kansas State, which they did, but only a by one additional spot bringing the difference to 2 spots (for reference, Penn State is 5 spots ahead in the AP poll).

With only 2 spots separating Penn State and Kansas State, I think it’s almost certain Penn State is passed by Kansas State if they beat us and become Big 12 champions. That means we will have they “better win” when compared to Ohio State.

Now, the question is, how will the committee treat this? Will they consider our games against Kansas State as two separate, independent data points, essentially a good win and a good loss? Or will they treat our more recent loss in the conference championship game as invalidating our regular season win over Kansas State?

HFrog1999

In my opinion, possibly a more important ranking from tonight was Penn State (Ohio State’s best win) and Kansas State (TCU’s best win). Penn State is now #8 and Kansas State is now #10

Last week Penn State was #11 and Kansas State #12, only one spot apart. My fear was that the committee was going to use Tulane’s loss as an excuse to really increase the separation between Penn State and Kansas State, which they did, but only a by one additional spot bringing the difference to 2 spots (for reference, Penn State is 5 spots ahead in the AP poll).

With only 2 spots separating Penn State and Kansas State, I think it’s almost certain Penn State is passed by Kansas State if they beat us and become Big 12 champions. That means we will have they “better win” when compared to Ohio State.

Now, the question is, how will the committee treat this? Will they consider our games against Kansas State as two separate, independent data points, essentially a good win and a good loss? Or will they treat our more recent loss in the conference championship game as invalidating our regular season win over Kansas State?

The Committee can literally make any decision it wants. They could put North Texas, Wake Forrest, Texas Tech, and Vanderbilt in the playoff.

They won’t, but they could.

Wexahu

Unless we lose badly there is no question we are in. Not sure why you’re in such denial.

Wexahu

What did you think about them putting UT ahead of ND?

If they wanted to make sure Ohio State had a better case against us, would they have done that? They dropped ND 6 spots for losing a relatively competitive game at USC.

Rifframbahzoo20

I’m positive 11-1 OSU makes it in over us if we are 12-1, but 10-2 Alabama making it in over us just makes no sense. Their resume does not stack up well against TCU in any way. Their best, and likely only top 25 win was against Texas, a team we also beat, and we looked better while doing it.

TCU has the better record, the better win, and the better overall schedule if you do any sort of actual analysis beyond “SEC tough big boi league”
Everybody on the news channels is pretty much saying we are a lock. I think unless we lose by something like 4 touchdowns we will be in. All that can change is if Michigan or Georgia lose we will move up a spot in the top 4.

I kind of want Ohio State to make it in so we can possibly get to play and beat them.

Zubaz

Unless we lose badly there is no question we are in. Not sure why you’re in such denial.
The only logic I could see is them saying "TCU was 12-1, but that included an FCS game. So both TCU and Ohio State were 11-1 against FBS competition, and" blah blah blah.

Not saying it will happen, but wouldn't put it past them either.

Hemingway

Well, that’s nice. And if TCU wins, I’m sure they’ll be in the Top 4. However, frankly even if they lose a close game, they should be in.
Do you think they are trying to gaslight the TCU players? The no respect angle didn’t work so maybe they are trying to make them not think it’s a must win game. Because if we lose and play the quality loss comparison game , we’ll lose every time. I know you think they should be in regardless, but those at espn don’t give a hoot.

So we need to roll in there and mollywhop kstate or it’s over.