1. The KillerFrogs

George Floyd Protest/Rioting/Looting Thread

Discussion in 'The Pit' started by Paul in uhh, May 30, 2020.

1. why would the officer who ended up shooting the young man walk over and stop the other officer from cuffing him if they knew he had a warrant?

i could be wrong, but fairly certain i heard twice "he has a warrant".

2. He was already secure in the back of the cop car, IIRC, and complained he couldn’t breathe, so they brought him back out and secured him on the ground.

3. I'm just speaking about this unfortunate situation. I understand what you are saying though.

4. Ben Crump is now entering the fray... I hate that guy so much. He is worse than Sharpton

Alas, the Black Grievance Industry knows no bounds

I'm guessing police shootings are back to being a local issue again? Because I remember the left tying all these shootings to Trump saying that it'd Trumps fault because it happened in Trumps America... so by that logic these shootings are Bidens fault

5. I really don't have a lot of sympathy for the guy. Sucks he got shot but don't push people to react in ways that can lead to fatal mistakes.

Showtime Joe 2.0 and Salfrog like this.
  6. Officer admits mistake, far right still blames victim.

Victim blaming, classy.

7. would seem in this case one fell into his armani wearing lap

8. Who's blaming him?

9. #2190 TxFrog1999, Apr 13, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2021
    Question, who do you place fault with concerning the shooting of Ashli Babbit on January 6? Was it her fault not heeding the warnings of the secret service or was the agent, who still hasn’t been publicly identified, at fault for shooting an unarmed protestor?

10. That's (D)ifferent. She was going to overthrow the entire government!

11. What a terrible analogy. Babbit's actions warranted deadly force, unarmed or not. Nobody disputes that. At all. So yes, her death was due to her actions and the officer acted properly. This guy is dead not because his actions warranted deadly force, because nobody is arguing his actions warranted deadly force. Instead, he's dead because a 20+ year vet mistook her pistol for her taser. These aren't remotely comparable.

12. Oh, really? I thought it was because the kid was black. Why is everyone making it all about race then?

A kid who had a couple warrants out made a really stupid decision and a police officer made a terrible mistake. So why all the BLM style rioting, protesting, and outrage? Sounds like this isn't a race issue at all.

13. #2194 Todd D., Apr 13, 2021
    Don't pretend to be obtuse (shawshank.jpg), you're a smart guy and you know why. It is incredibly complicated. In the same area as Floyd nearly one year later, while the Floyd trial is ongoing, why this guy was pulled over in the first place, what his warrant was for, why she pulled what she intended to be a taser in the first place, etc. etc. All of that.

14. I agree that Babbit bears most of the fault for what happened that day, but how are her actions any different than a violent offender with an outstanding warrant who fought the police to keep from being arrested and jumped back in his car to flee a vastly different situation? There is no difference between these two situations, both were not complying with law enforcement, both were given warnings, both were shown to be violent, and in both situations the officer involved had no idea what the offender was going to do if they were allowed to continue. The ONLY difference in the two instances is one MEANT to draw his service pistol and KILL the protestor, the other was (allegedly) a mistake between using slightly lethal force without the INTENT to kill.

gohornedfrogs likes this.
  15. #2196 Todd D., Apr 13, 2021
    This is preposterous. The difference between these two situations couldn't be more clear.

Babbit was forcing her way in to a secure area, one of national security I might add, during a larger violent incident. Wright was resisting arrest. While neither are legally justifiable, one warrants deadly force while the other does not. This isn't like some ideological statement, this is straight up what the police have said. They aren't arguing that the officer's use of force was justified, they are arguing that she accidentally fired her weapon (which makes sense given her own reaction on video).
    This isn't true. Wright was not "shown to be violent" unless you consider any act of resisting arrest to be "violent" at the level where deadly force becomes warranted, which....obviously no.
    The standard for deadly force is not, nor should it be, "I didn't know what you were going to do". Clearly.
    That's not the difference. All available evidence shows that Babbit's actions warranted deadly force, therefore she bears responsibility for what happened. In contrast, all available evidence suggests the use of deadly force was not warranted for Wright, therefore it appears the officer bears responsibility for her mistake. That's the difference.

16. Babbit was advancing towards officers, trying to breach a secured area which would’ve put several officers and others in more danger. The Minnesota guy was trying to flee.

Todd D. and GoFrog Yourself like this.
  17. No disagreement here. What's been reported is that he was pulled over for expired tabs. Can debate the appropriateness of that.

As for why she pulled what she thought was a taser, that seemed very appropriate as a non lethal way to detain someone resisting arrest (and she repeatedly warned him before using it). As to how and why she made the worst possible mistake in the worst possible circumstance...

If the taser is similar enough in shape and feel to be mistaken for a pistol (and this has happened before) it feels like changes need to be made. Painting the damn thing pink would help in the daylight, but you'd think we could design the thing so there is no way you could reasonably pull the wrong device.

18. The only time I have spent is jail was after I was pulled over for doing basically nothing about 20 years ago. Had an unpaid....due to me moving and not getting the notice in the mail.......seat belt ticket and the cop ran my plates for some reason and discovered it. Wasn't speeding, didn't run a red light, was literally 100 yards from pulling into my apartment complex. Next thing you know I was in jail. Had to take my shoes and belt off and sit in a holding cell with some scary looking dudes, the whole nine yards. FWIW, it was a black cop that pulled me over. Didn't mouth off (other than saying "are you kidding me?" with a smile on my face), didn't try and run, didn't put my hands on him. It was ridiculous and when I got to the station the other cop there agreed and laughed about it. It's a funny story I've told many times.

No idea if the cop was reprimanded or not for inappropriately pulling me over. Didn't really care either. Had zero worries I was gonna be shot or roughed up because I didn't act like an a-hole.

Salfrog likes this.
  19. #2200 gohornedfrogs, Apr 13, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2021
    Maybe I missed something, but exactly how did her actions warrant deadly force? There's a pretty high threshold to meet there, and it almost always involves being armed.

And if hers did, should they have executed everybody in the Capitol that day by deadly force? I mean, by your definition, wasn't every officer in there warranted to use deadly force on every citizen because they breached a secure area and put the officers in "danger?"

There were two armed officers right behind her when she was shot. Why didn't those guys just shoot her from behind if they were in so much danger? Why didn't they just open up fire on the dozens of people surrounding them? I'll tell you why...they weren't in imminent "danger" as defined by the rules of engagement, and they knew it. So, just like in Minnesota, an officer made a terrible mistake and killed Babbitt. And the media is hiding the shooter, but rushes to get the Minnesota shooter's name out there for everybody to condemn.

I'll add the obligatory statement so that nobody cries racism: I don't think the guy in Minnesota deserved "deadly force", either. It was a terrible failure, and the officer will pay for it the rest of her life.