1. The KillerFrogs

George Floyd Protest/Rioting/Looting Thread

Discussion in 'The Pit' started by Paul in uhh, May 30, 2020.

1. Manslaughter is on the table but the bar to clear for that, while admittedly lower than Murder 2 & 3, is still going to require a change in witnesses and tactics on the part of the prosecution.

2. Yep. The toxicology report alone raises the reasonable doubt that he possibly died of an overdose of fentanyl.

The analogy they always used in law school was that in a civil trial, you just had to move the ball past the 50 yard line (more likely than not that something happened). In criminal, you have to get in the end zone.

Granted, I haven't watched, but from what I've read it seems like the prosecution is running the wild frog from their own 35 yard line right now.

3. Man’s laughter vs manslaughter.
    The same, but different.

4. He has.

5. It’s all about grammar.

Let’s eat Grandma!
    Let’s eat, Grandma!

Todd D. and Salfrog like this.
  6. Well hung jury.

Paul in uhh likes this.
  7. Prosecutor Cracks Blue Wall of Silence on Floyd’s Accused Killer

Prosecutors led by Minnesota Assistant Attorney General Matthew Frank are cracking the Blue Wall of Silence in the trial of George Floyd’s accused killer, former Minneapolis police officer Derek Chauvin.

Chauvin kneeled on Floyd’s neck for 9 minutes and 29 seconds, which was “totally unnecessary,” Minneapolis Police Department Lt. Richard Zimmerman said Friday when being questioned by Frank.

“Holding him down to the ground face down and putting your knee on the neck for that amount of time is just uncalled for,” said Zimmerman, a homicide investigator called to the scene. “I saw no reason why the officers felt they were in danger.”

Frank’s questioning of Zimmerman came as the state mounted its case against Chauvin’s use of force against Floyd, a central theme throughout the murder trial. The prosecution has used police officers and even paramedics and a firefighter to argue Chauvin violated department standards for using force when detaining Floyd.

Retired Sgt. David Pleoger, who was Chauvin’s shift supervisor at the time, testified Thursday that officers should have eased up on Floyd once he was restrained and provided necessary medical attention. Prosecutors said they also plan to call Minneapolis Police Chief Medaria Arradondo.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...lue-wall-of-silence-on-floyd-s-accused-killer

uh oh, bad day for murdering cops and their supporters. Might want to hold off on the celebrations for just a bit longer.

Old Purple likes this.
  8. Retired Sgt. David Pleoger wasn't able to review the action report after the incident as it was taken out of his hands and escalated up the chain, so all he had to go on were the body cam videos. He gave a pretty straight forward testimony and didn't really add anything to the state's case.

Lt. Richard Zimmerman did not have intimate knowledge of the evidence in this case. "Zimmerman’s role, then, was largely as a transient caretaker of the case, to ensure the uniformed officers were doing the things they were supposed to be doing to secure evidence, run crime scene tape, canvass for witnesses, and so forth." And within hours of being assigned to the case it was transferred to BCA and out of his hands. So, again, the Lt's testimony was based on the edited body cam footage provided to him by the state. Additionally, he is not an expert in use-of-force having admitted on cross that his only experience with such tactics were during his annual training, as a student. He isn't a patrolman and admitted he rarely has to deal with violent suspects.

Lt. Zimmerman also made a glaring error on the stand—which I expect the defense will roast him with later—in that he said there was never, in his opinion, a situation when the hold Chauvin used was justified by MPD. A quick look at the MPD training manual for use-of-force will quickly disprove that opinion. He also claimed that a suspect in handcuffs is never a threat, another ridiculous statement. I'm sure the defense will recall him at a later date, closer to deliberations, to completely invalidate his testimony from today.

9. Minneapolis police chief: Derek Chauvin 'in no way' should've kept George Floyd pinned by the neck
    The chief spelled out department policies and then said the officer he fired violated many provisions.
    By Paul Walsh Star Tribune

APRIL 5, 2021 — 2:39PM

Minneapolis police chief Medaria Arradondo testified Monday that former officer Derek Chauvin "in no way" should've kept George Floyd pinned by the neck for more than nine minutes.

Minneapolis Police Chief Medaria Arradondo testified Monday in the murder trial of Derek Chauvin that the now-fired officer defied his own training and the department's mission of compassion when he kept his knee on the neck of George Floyd for more than 9 minutes last spring.

"Once Mr. Floyd had stopped resisting — and certainly once he was in distress and trying to verbalize that — that should have stopped," the chief said after spelling out department policy on when to use force vs. calming a situation through de-escalation tactics.

"There's an initial reasonableness of trying to just get him under control in the first few seconds," Arradondo continued, "but once there was no longer any resistance, and clearly when Mr. Floyd was no longer responsive and even motionless, to continue to apply that level of force to a person proned out, handcuffed behind their back, that in no way shape or form is anything that is by policy, part of our training and is certainly not part of our ethics or values."

Arradondo's testimony has been the case's lengthiest so far by any one witness and was the highlight of the day's proceeding by the time the trial was adjourned about 4:30 p.m. until starting up again Tuesday morning with motions and then the calling of more prosecution witnesses.

Earlier Monday, the HCMC doctor who declared Floyd dead on May 25 testified there was not a heartbeat "sufficient to sustain life" upon arrival and believed his patient's cardiac arrest was due to a lack of oxygen.

"Is there another term for that?" prosecutor Jerry Blackwell asked Dr. Bradford Wankhede Langenfeld, who was senior medical resident at the time Floyd was transported to HCMC and eventually pronounced him dead.

"Asphyxia," Langenfeld said.

https://www.startribune.com/minneap...yd-pinned-by-the-neck/600042338/?refresh=true

10. That story left out quite a bit of the defense's cross examination of both Chief Arradondo and Dr. Langenfeld, but does a great job of pushing the largely misleading headline out to the masses that will never read to paragraph 13 or understand how the jury pretty much saw Nelson undermine each of the state's witnesses yet again.

I honestly thought Nelson was going to get steamrolled by the public/private legal team assembled for the prosecution, but so far he's been very good on cross and trapping state witnesses that are made out to be experts on direct as less than sure of their testimony by the time he's done with them. If I were on the jury, and I've been on many criminal juries, I'd certainly have a lot of reasonable doubt at this point.

11. A verdict that seems to disagree with what the public understands of the evidence will generate more interest in follow-up coverage.

12. You misspelled "minority-owned businesses burned to the ground in peaceful protests"

13. Just curious to hear how this call for "justice" isn't a textbook definition of insurrection, incitement, and terroristic threats?

14. Of course you agree with the defense attorney and think he is doing a good job. You did before the trial started and before he even opened his mouth. He could recite the alphabet backwards and you would think his defense was rock solid. I'm sure you will say the same of me. Our opinions don't matter and we are not objective, all we can do is wait and see how it all plays out. We know it's almost impossible to get a conviction against a police officer but the officers testifying against the defense are somewhat surprising and precedent setting. Either way I know what I saw with my eyes and it was disgusting and I could'nt even stand to watch the entire video. Murder.

15. I’m glad you admit that you’re incapable of having a fully informed opinion on this matter. Most people would continue offering opinion as fact without disclosing their inability to look at all of the evidence in a case such as this. Even though you have the wrong opinion of what I believe or how I viewed this case prior to the court proceedings, I hope that you continue to seek out the truth in this matter and not simply close off your mind to the possibility that Floyd’s death wasn’t caused by Chauvin’s knee but perhaps other factors. We’ve already learned that his “friend” is a drug dealer, Floyd’s dealer, and has decided to plead the 5th due to the judge reinstating third degree murder. That one fact alone opens up a rather large amount of reasonable doubt.

Of course I’m only speaking from experience, having sat on seven criminal juries, two of which I was foreman. So, take what I say with a grain of salt.

Showtime Joe 2.0 and Salfrog like this.
  16. The tiktok video is a terroristic threat. So is the other. Textbook, indeed.

17. You mean where he told them to peacefully protest? Can one peacefully riot?

18. When they were filing charges last year, you could see how nervous the antifa supporting AG of that state was when he announced. It was obvious he knew they were going too far. Thought only the feds did stupid [ #2020 ] like that. If the guy walks, it's on the AG of that state.

Showtime Joe 2.0 and TxFrog1999 like this.
  19. If the whole video wasn't suppressed for weeks by a corrupt ag, nothing would have burned that bad to begin with. Maybe when the fools start rioting again, more folks will wake up to the danger of liberal loons. Bad reason for some businesses to burn ...

20. That's not what I said at all. I can just admit that I am not totally unbiased unlike you, good thing you are not a juror on this trial. Also the video is very clear. You can keep pretending to be an expert witness though. Pretty silly stuff.