• The KillerFrogs

General Powell’s 13 Rules of Leadership

4 Oaks Frog

General Colin Powell just passed away this week. With the discussions being had here on KFc these last few weeks, I thought I would just leave this here…

GENERAL COLIN POWELL’S
13 RULES OF LEADERSHIP
  • It ain’t as bad as you think. It will look better in the morning.
  • Get mad, then get over it.
  • Be careful what you choose. You may get it.
  • Don’t let adverse facts stand in the way of a good decision.
  • Check small things.
  • Share credit.
  • Remain calm. Be kind.
  • Have a vision. Be demanding.
  • You can’t make someone else’s choices. You shouldn’t let someone else make yours.
  • Avoid having your ego so close to your position that when your position falls, your ego goes with it.
  • Don’t take counsel of your fears or naysayers.
  • Perpetual optimism is a force multiplier.
  • It can be done!
-General Colin Powell (1937-2021)

GO FROGS!
BEAT WVU!
Spit Blood ~~<~<and fornicate baylor!!

4 Oaks Frog

I think the first three are very appropriate for these flying-off-the-handle conversations we have been having here this season.
GO FROGS!
BEAT WVU!
Spit Blood ~~<~<and fornicate baylor!!

LVH

I am glad he is dead. He is responsible for thousands of needless deaths. He pushed us into unnecessary wars overseas just so he and his military industrial complex friends could profit off the blood of dead Americans. Nothing got Colin Powell more excited than dead Americans coming back to Delaware in caskets. The world is better off without him

steelfrog

Tier 1
I am glad he is dead. He is responsible for thousands of needless deaths. He pushed us into unnecessary wars overseas just so he and his military industrial complex friends could profit off the blood of dead Americans. Nothing got Colin Powell more excited than dead Americans coming back to Delaware in caskets. The world is better off without him
In his defense, he is but one of many complicit in that industry.

Remember obama when he was running for his first term, one of the principal planks in his platform was ending the war, bringing everyone home. Then he gets into office and discovers, THEY are not going to allow that. And so he surged instead. No wonder his pre-Pres net worth of $1.3mm surged to $200mm+ today. Of course he's not alone among politicians in having that happen. By all accounts Trumps net worth went down by about a billion, but the last Prez before him to not make significant money while in office was Harry Truman.

Eisenhower famously warned about the military industrial complex growing too big for its britches. What he didn't warn about was every other damn phase of the federal government doing the same thing. Metastasizing like a cancer, feeding on the corpse that is US.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
Colin Powell disagrees with you (at about 3:14 -- "nothing was found"):

Al Jazeera?

From 10/16/2014 US World and News Report (not your basic conservative rag) article from another that other ultra conservative media outlet the NYT:

WMDs Were Found In Iraq: but does it matter?

The article by Times reporter C.J. Chivers focused on U.S. soldiers who suffered from exposure to the sulfur mustard and other nerve gases which emitted from the bombs. According to the story, about "5,000 chemical warheads, shells or aviation bombs" were found scattered across Iraqi soil. The U.S. government buried the cases from both the public and the troops. As a result, injured soldiers did not receive proper medical treatment.

steelfrog

Tier 1
Al Jazeera?

From 10/16/2014 US World and News Report (not your basic conservative rag) article from another that other ultra conservative media outlet the NYT:

WMDs Were Found In Iraq: but does it matter?

The article by Times reporter C.J. Chivers focused on U.S. soldiers who suffered from exposure to the sulfur mustard and other nerve gases which emitted from the bombs. According to the story, about "5,000 chemical warheads, shells or aviation bombs" were found scattered across Iraqi soil. The U.S. government buried the cases from both the public and the troops. As a result, injured soldiers did not receive proper medical treatment.
Apples and oranges.

Yes Al Jazeera.

You people sure don’t let facts get in the way of your opinions do you?

Powell went before the world and accused Iraq of having specific WMD, biological weapons. The same man himself as you can see told you on an interview he did with Al Jazeera (gasp!) exactly how he was duped by our intelligence folks and that yes, what he told the world about WMD was false.

And now you want to conflate that with disability claims made by US soldiers based on Saddams use of chemical weapons against his own citizens and remnants of those chemicals scattered around Iraq. Most kfc readers prolly are stupid enough to buy your load of horse manure but Steel knows better. As does Colin Powell.

illini_frog

Glad to see you continue to be a disgraceful human.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
Apples and oranges.

Yes Al Jazeera.

You people sure don’t let facts get in the way of your opinions do you?

Powell went before the world and accused Iraq of having specific WMD, biological weapons. The same man himself as you can see told you on an interview he did with Al Jazeera (gasp!) exactly how he was duped by our intelligence folks and that yes, what he told the world about WMD was false.

And now you want to conflate that with disability claims made by US soldiers based on Saddams use of chemical weapons against his own citizens and remnants of those chemicals scattered around Iraq. Most kfc readers prolly are stupid enough to buy your load of horse manure but Steel knows better. As does Colin Powell.
Hey, I just posted an article. I don’t assert a position one way or the other. I wasn’t there. Just odd that 5000 rounds of artillery and airborne chemical and/or biological weapons does not meet the definition of WMDs. Totally agree Al Jazeera is at least as reliable as USNW and NYT…

steelfrog

Tier 1
Hey, I just posted an article. I don’t assert a position one way or the other. I wasn’t there. Just odd that 5000 rounds of artillery and airborne chemical and/or biological weapons does not meet the definition of WMDs. Totally agree Al Jazeera is at least as reliable as USNW and NYT…
What part of Colin Powell explaining in his own words what happened do you not understand? Seriously your desire to be right is making you look like a fool.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
What part of Colin Powell explaining in his own words what happened do you not understand? Seriously your desire to be right is making you look like a fool.
Actually, I never played it. Lived through the live version.

Again, not asserting anything (always liked Powell). Not trying to be right or wrong.

As far as looking like a fool, wouldn’t be the first time.