• The KillerFrogs

General Bowl Games Conversation

Eight

will be very, very interesting to see what sam hartman decides to do after this game for wake forest

have no clue (which has never slowed me before) if he is considered any type of nfl prospect, don't know if staying next year helps his projection in the nfl, and not really certain if he is carrying wake or a product of that system.

what i do know is when i watched that reality show about the high school qb's he was the only one the entire time that seemed somewhat grounded (kid from new orleans maybe as well) and he seems really happy their at wake.

so does he stay at wake? transfer to school that gives him a "better" chance af the cfp, or head to the nfl?

froginmn

will be very, very interesting to see what sam hartman decides to do after this game for wake forest

have no clue (which has never slowed me before) if he is considered any type of nfl prospect, don't know if staying next year helps his projection in the nfl, and not really certain if he is carrying wake or a product of that system.

what i do know is when i watched that reality show about the high school qb's he was the only one the entire time that seemed somewhat grounded (kid from new orleans maybe as well) and he seems really happy their at wake.

so does he stay at wake? transfer to school that gives him a "better" chance af the cfp, or head to the nfl?
The only thing I know for sure is that this Gator Bowl is a complete joke. I appreciate the efforts to make WF whole after the Aggies bailed, but putting a team that went 2-7 in their conference into a better bowl than several conference mates seems...lame.

Yeah I'm triggered because Minnesota finished 8-4 and beat Wisconsin in their last game but ended up in a worse bowl than Wisconsin (also 8-4 and lost to MN), Purdue (8-4 and lost at home to MN), and PSU (7-5). And then to top it off, add 5-7 Rutgers to the list of teams in better bowls.

Putt4Purple

The only thing I know for sure is that this Gator Bowl is a complete joke. I appreciate the efforts to make WF whole after the Aggies bailed, but putting a team that went 2-7 in their conference into a better bowl than several conference mates seems...lame.

Yeah I'm triggered because Minnesota finished 8-4 and beat Wisconsin in their last game but ended up in a worse bowl than Wisconsin (also 8-4 and lost to MN), Purdue (8-4 and lost at home to MN), and PSU (7-5). And then to top it off, add 5-7 Rutgers to the list of teams in better bowls.
Its sounds weak when you post your feelings about another school on this site. Just saying. No sympathy here. We/TCU would have been happy with any bowl game. The last two years. Seems like drought. That's the nature of sports. You don't appreciate what you have until you don't have it anymore. I'm hoping and praying this feeling goes away fast with this coaching change. Otherwise it's down a long dark tunnel which I remember well in the 70's, 80's.

ticketfrog123

Hmm. So if Bama beats Cincy, that confirms that the UCF teams that never played Bama were better than Cincy? That is some sound logic right there. Give yourself a pat on the back.
If bama beats cincy?

No cincy’s record of barely squeaking by G5 teams the past 2 years is enough evidence they’re nowhere near the UCF team that hammered auburn. This Cincy team isn’t in the same zip code as Utah or TCU teams that were G5

Ridder and the 2 DBs that are getting NFL talk will be shut down

froginmn

Its sounds weak when you post your feelings about another school on this site. Just saying. No sympathy here. We/TCU would have been happy with any bowl game. The last two years. Seems like drought. That's the nature of sports. You don't appreciate what you have until you don't have it anymore. I'm hoping and praying this feeling goes away fast with this coaching change. Otherwise it's down a long dark tunnel which I remember well in the 70's, 80's.
My allegiance is with TCU but I think it also would have been BS if we'd been selected as a replacement for a better bowl than our conference mates in lower games (WVU, ISU) just because Aggie bailed. And MN is in a similar position to TCU in a lot of ways, in that in typical years bowls might select a lesser team (UT) for economic reasons.

ticketfrog123

Weak year for QBs entering the draft. He’ll probably declare.

Or transfer to TCU if he doesn’t

Putt4Purple

My allegiance is with TCU but I think it also would have been BS if we'd been selected as a replacement for a better bowl than our conference mates in lower games (WVU, ISU) just because Aggie bailed. And MN is in a similar position to TCU in a lot of ways, in that in typical years bowls might select a lesser team (UT) for economic reasons.
Understood. This year is/was not the year for TCU in any replacement and or Bowl game. A total loss. With the coaching change. Hoping to rebound next year.