• The KillerFrogs

Gary please do the right thing and retire

Farmfrog

What a disappointing experience this game was. You can’t tell me we couldn’t fi someone for a fifth the salary that could coach us any worse.

I was sitting by a HS coach, his wife is an alum, and throughout the game he kept saying how undisciplined we were on both sides of the ball. He said it doesn’t look like there is much player development going on and saying in the past the next guy stands up and makes plays. Most everyone believes this is the most talented roster we’ve ever had yet we have so many guys who absolutely have no clue what they are supposed to be doing.

Going to be hard to justify buying ST next year.

Fred Garvin

I service the entire Quad Cities Area
Which of our assistants are worth protecting? Maybe from a recruiting continuity standpoint? Other than our running backs, I don't see any group of players pulling their weight at all. The whole team is a hot mess. The transfer portal this off season is going to be brutal.

Wog68

This is spot on. He will protect his coaches at nearly all costs…except Sonny Cumbie!

Unfortunately, Boschini is the only one left around here who might have the balls to have the hard talk with GP about this. There’s no CDC or Danny and definitely no Eric Hyman walking around on campus now to rein him in.
Or Frank W.

Spike

Maybe its me but does anyone else get tired of listening to the ;" Coach should go out on his own terms at school fill in the blank school"? Hes paid a zillion dollars and has a statue and will forever be revered at TCU hes been well paid THATS what he is owed, nothing more but a respectful goodbye

There's a guy who lives in Kennedale, not currently coaching, who should ne our new HC. Wish I could remember his name.

Virginia Frog

Extension? This has got to be a joke....right? If this is really something that Gary is trying to finagle, then he is more delusional than I thought he was....and that was already at a pretty high level.
If Victor and the BOT give him an extension, it may go down as the dumbest decision in collegiate history--rewarding a coach with more money as his performance clearly declines.
Of all the scenarios, we have heard on this board....that is truly the most depressing.
Jim Shoffner = "dumbest decision" in TCU football history. Gary pales to THAT!

nrhfrog

Shofner was definitely a dumb decision....maybe the worst ever for TCU.
Another classic stupid decision was letting Wacker get away just as the program was coming back to life. He had set up a fantastic recruiting class the coming year and we threw it all away.
Decision to hire Sullivan was just about as dumb. Hired because Malcom Louden saw him give a speech in NY. He had never been a head coach or even an OC prior to TCU. He proceeded to dismantle a team that was coming back to life after we were given the "living death penalty" by the corrupt NCAA.
Another stupid decision: not letting Sullivan go when he wanted us to let him out of his buyout to go to LSU. Into the tank the program went because every recruit knew he didn't want to be at TCU.
Those are just the really stupid decisions regarding football.
TCU basketball has been even worse....but I leave that for another day.

cctcu

Shofner was definitely a dumb decision....maybe the worst ever for TCU.
Another classic stupid decision was letting Wacker get away just as the program was coming back to life. He had set up a fantastic recruiting class the coming year and we threw it all away.
Decision to hire Sullivan was just about as dumb. Hired because Malcom Louden saw him give a speech in NY. He had never been a head coach or even an OC prior to TCU. He proceeded to dismantle a team that was coming back to life after we were given the "living death penalty" by the corrupt NCAA.
Another stupid decision: not letting Sullivan go when he wanted us to let him out of his buyout to go to LSU. Into the tank the program went because every recruit knew he didn't want to be at TCU.
Those are just the really stupid decisions regarding football.
TCU basketball has been even worse....but I leave that for another day.
Well you obviously forgot about Billy Toehill: a total jerk who lost his foot in a car wreck because he got a little too drunk! That guy by Himself just about wiped out TCU football!

nrhfrog

Good point, cctcu, ....forgot about the Toehill debacle. No wonder Frogs my age are so scarred from all the screwups by the decision-makers at TCU when it comes to our athletic program.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Good point, cctcu, ....forgot about the Toehill debacle. No wonder Frogs my age are so scarred from all the screwups by the decision-makers at TCU when it comes to our athletic program.
What we are, most of us anyway, are appreciative where we are and that we stuck through it. I never wavered. Always wore purple. Stickers on the cars. Went to the games. Got our asses kicked. Stayed true and came back next week.