• The KillerFrogs

Gary please do the right thing and retire

Salfrog

Tier 1
Is this man really angling for an extension? Maybe he can get a $100MM in the bank on the back of this steamer.
Yes, found out today he really does want an extension of at least 3-5 years. Ridiculous, but wouldn't be surprised if he got one because no one is willing to tell him "no" at this point. Truly hoping tonight's game was an eye opener for the money people making these decisions. Unfortunately he has plenty of these people still on his side.

Pharm Frog

Yes, found out today he really does want an extension of at least 3-5 years. Ridiculous, but wouldn't be surprised if he got one because no one is willing to tell him "no" at this point. Truly hoping tonight's game was an eye opener for the money people making these decisions. Unfortunately he has plenty of these people still on his side.

This is why we should have gone in a different direction 3-4 years ago.

Fred Garvin

I service the entire Quad Cities Area
What a terrible time to request an extension. The team, and particularly the defense, totally sucks. The team is poorly coached in all three phases with no heir apparent. We have not had a good team for years. There is huge uncertainty in the conference and future TV revenues. Just say no. What does GP do if TCU says no? Pout? Retire? Continue to coast?

Prime BEEF

His current extension was clearly a mistake and another extension would be the death nail for tcu football. What little excitement is left would be gone and many season ticket holders would cancel their tickets. Things would get embarrassingly bad. More so than they are now

One Frog Nation

His current extension was clearly a mistake and another extension would be the death nail for tcu football. What little excitement is left would be gone and many season ticket holders would cancel their tickets. Things would get embarrassingly bad. More so than they are now
I retired in 2018 and since we did some traveling I did not renew my season tickets. Turns out it was a smart move.

Pharm Frog

My brother said and is likely right that GP will do whatever to protect his assistants. Which means it might not be an easy departure as another poster stated.
As I posted earlier, I hope it’s a nasty, filthy, he-said, he-said split splashed all over every media channel. Need some aggression because it’s not happening anymore on the field.

Prime BEEF

At least I can move back to the west side.
ha yeah that is one positive side effect. My group was finally able to upgrade to the 200 section on the west side this year due to the lack of interested in TCU football. We had been in the west side 300 section since the changes to the stadium. If Gary gets an extension it will be super easy to upgrade to just about wherever you want to

Metropolis777

My brother said and is likely right that GP will do whatever to protect his assistants. Which means it might not be an easy departure as another poster stated.
This is spot on. He will protect his coaches at nearly all costs…except Sonny Cumbie!

Unfortunately, Boschini is the only one left around here who might have the balls to have the hard talk with GP about this. There’s no CDC or Danny and definitely no Eric Hyman walking around on campus now to rein him in.

smufrogger

ha yeah that is one positive side effect. My group was finally able to upgrade to the 200 section on the west side this year due to the lack of interested in TCU football. We had been in the west side 300 section since the changes to the stadium. If Gary gets an extension it will be super easy to upgrade to just about wherever you want to
Lol. I’d rather sit in a worse section wat Ning a good team

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
(Said in the same tone of incredulity as "Playoffs?!?") "An extension?!? Are you insane?"

Why would anyone in their right mind pay for more of what we saw the last three years? Especially when those three years have been downhill, with the current season falling into "downright awful" territory. Assurances and expectations were high for this year, and it is an unfolding catastrophe.

An extension?!?

These things are granted after an exceptional achievement, or an outstanding season of accomplishment. An extension is a reward for a job well done. What we have been seeing is not worthy of an extension, more like a termination. Grotesque failure (and that's about the best way to put it) is not to be rewarded. To ask for such a thing is to insult your employers.

If he is worried about the future of his assistants, well maybe they all should have done a better job! People get hired to do specific tasks, individually, and collectively in the context of a Football Program. If you aren't producing more than you consume, then you are a burden to the success of the larger effort and you get heaved over the side. If the entire Staff isn't producing, and the Program is a shambles (current status, and heading down...), then the collective Staff goes over the side.

They didn't let Admiral Byng retire after failure. They wanted an example. To encourage the others...

nrhfrog

Extension? This has got to be a joke....right? If this is really something that Gary is trying to finagle, then he is more delusional than I thought he was....and that was already at a pretty high level.
If Victor and the BOT give him an extension, it may go down as the dumbest decision in collegiate history--rewarding a coach with more money as his performance clearly declines.
Of all the scenarios, we have heard on this board....that is truly the most depressing.