• The KillerFrogs

Gary Patterson has lost his damned mind

Moose Stuff

And we’re young. Future is bright. These guys could’ve folded weeks ago. They could’ve folded today when down 13-0 and not a break was going their way. The only negative I see now is I doubt he replaces the OL coach who I want to see gone.

The OL coach you want to see gone has quietly done a decent job. Complete patchwork line is allowing us to lead the Big 12 in rushing and has done a better job of protecting Max as the season has progressed.

Froglaw

I think that tells you a lot about who they trully are. We had no business winning that game.

That's deep!

Let's see.

OSU kicker was struggling with double Boinks.

OSU 's return guy was hot and almost broke the last kickoff for a TD.

So our head coach chose to take the possibility of a kickoff return for a TD off the table.

Turns out it was a good decision.

Second guessing the best head coach in TCU history is not a good career path on KFC.

I was PO'd too at the time, but GP has a way of getting the most out of our players.

He certainly did yesterday.

Pharm Frog

And we’re young. Future is bright. These guys could’ve folded weeks ago. They could’ve folded today when down 13-0 and not a break was going their way. The only negative I see now is I doubt he replaces the OL coach who I want to see gone.

Forever young it seems. I simply don’t care how young we are. Never really did but definitely not now in the “Era of Portal”.

Paint It Purple

So unless I'm a head coach of another P5 program I can't observe that calling back to back timeouts, a pathetic squib kick, and going into a passive prevent defense in the span of about 5 minutes was an embarrassing head coaching sequence??? Ignorant.
You can observe all you want. I’m observing that your credibility is lacking.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
That squib was the final straw. Should have taken some girl from the soccer team to kick that. I'm done. Thanks GP. Appreciate all you've done. Enjoy your next chapter.
That was really bad. On the kickoff in the same direction in the 3rd qtr after the first touchdown, we kick it out of the end zone. Hell OSU would have taken a knee and gone to halftime 13-7. Our football IQ is pretty low sometimes.

Moose Stuff

That's deep!

Let's see.

OSU kicker was struggling with double Boinks.

OSU 's return guy was hot and almost broke the last kickoff for a TD.

So our head coach chose to take the possibility of a kickoff return for a TD off the table.

Turns out it was a good decision.

Second guessing the best head coach in TCU history is not a good career path on KFC.

I was PO'd too at the time, but GP has a way of getting the most out of our players.

He certainly did yesterday.

It was a HORRENDOUS decision and it didn't work.

froginmn

Be encouraged at middling performance. This is precisely what the administration is betting on because it’s the chosen path. The pyramid is an isosceles trapezoid. I’d prefer to choose a comparator that isn’t rock bottom.
This year was probably exactly what we needed, given the circumstances. We got good playing time and experience for some younger players and are well positioned to start more quickly next year. And next year is a season that actually counts, compared to this year's [ Finebaum ] show.

Those who think we will be at or near the top of the conference every single year are kidding themselves.

Big Frog II

I will agree that the OL was better yesterday. We still need it to improve to compete for championships. While we are at it, the offense is better than last year too. Our receivers are vastly improved. Our running game has an incredibly bright future. Now if we could just work on those special teams.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
I will agree that the OL was better yesterday. We still need it to improve to compete for championships. While we are at it, the offense is better than last year too. Our receivers are vastly improved. Our running game has an incredibly bright future. Now if we could just work on those special teams.
Actually, Special Teams was not bad at all yestiddy. The specific instructions given them may have been screwy, but execution was good to excellent.

Pharm Frog

Actually, Special Teams was not bad at all yestiddy. The specific instructions given them may have been screwy, but execution was good to excellent.

Missed FG, received a kickoff and stepped out at the 1 yard line, were told to squib a kick to the goal line apparently and came up 30 yards short and allowed a 40ish yard kickoff return. I’d say less than good to excellent overall.