• The KillerFrogs

Gary Don't Be Stubborn

PO Frog

I could be convinced to keep GP if he became a ceo type and cleaned house of everyone but the RB and WR coaches, maybe Gonzales too.

The WR and RB groups are the only two pulling their weight and shockingly neither is a longtime friend or ex player of his.
Why in the world would you want him in a role that only consists of things he is dreadful at? Why do people keep acting like this is a positive step? He can’t hire worth a darn. He needs to be excised from the program so the new blood can get to work instilling a new culture.

Why in the world would you want him in a role that only consists of things he is dreadful at? Why do people keep acting like this is a positive step? He can’t hire worth a darn. He needs to be excised from the program so the new blood can get to work instilling a new culture.

That's the double-edged sword. IMO, the only way he keeps his job is if he cleans house but I don't trust him to make quality hires even if he did.

Fiscuits

Minnesota was in the mix as well.
I believe you are correct. Long story short, coaches coming and going is Football. At almost everywhere. Feeling some kind of allegiance with Gary as if he stuck with us regardless of all the offers on his desk, is delusional.

We will be fine without Gary Patterson. At least, we won’t be worse off.

And he’ll always be a legend here and welcomed here and revered here…as he should. He is our Bear Bryant. Which is awesome!

But he’s also lost his touch and it ain’t coming back. Time to move on.

It’ll hurt for a little bit then be fine, just like breaking up with your girlfriend.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
That's the double-edged sword. IMO, the only way he keeps his job is if he cleans house but I don't trust him to make quality hires even if he did.
I was very much in favor of the Kill hire, simply because he had a reputation for instilling discipline in the teams with which he was affiliated. Seems like here he has had the opposite effect...

Line change.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
I believe you are correct. Long story short, coaches coming and going is Football. At almost everywhere. Feeling some kind of allegiance with Gary as if he stuck with us regardless of all the offers on his desk, is delusional.

We will be fine without Gary Patterson. At least, we won’t be worse off.

And he’ll always be a legend here and welcomed here and revered here…as he should. He is our Bear Bryant. Which is awesome!

But he’s also lost his touch and it ain’t coming back. Time to move on.

It’ll hurt for a little bit then be fine, just like breaking up with your girlfriend.

Things can always get better and things can always get worse.

Fiscuits

Things can always get better and things can always get worse.
Well...to be worse than we are now is to become Kansas, for that to happen. Seriously. We are a step or two above Kansas. "Worse", IMO, is where we currently are. Knowing we can do better and have the talent and resources to do so.... and we are not even .500 team in conference.

The fact any of this has now bubbled up to the surface with media covering it and Gary commenting on it...let's us know it is over.

Will be dependent on Gary and TCU to see things the same way.

Fiscuits

I was very much in favor of the Kill hire, simply because he had a reputation for instilling discipline in the teams with which he was affiliated. Seems like here he has had the opposite effect...

Line change.
When/If we switch from Gary....we have to clean house. Top to bottom. It can't be in pieces. It has to be everyone. Everything has to be new or it won't work well.

fff91

Line change.
Kill seems like a great guy with integrity but I was not in favor of it. It struck me as going more insular rather than external. And it also now appears his only role is be Gary overwriting the offense. It doesnt appear he is having any impact on keeping Gary from saying crazy things and things detrinetal to the team. As an armchair psychologist, Gary is a fail.

allclearforfrogs

He was considered for the KSU job a long while back and chose to stay here. And I think UT wanted to hire him one year…maybe when they actually picked up Charlie strong. But you would think he would’ve had more offers than that in 20yrs. Not sure any of the big 12 schools would give him an offer now.
He has publicly admitted that he has gone for other jobs - interviewed and everything. They all passed on him.

Eight

and a completely revamped O-line.

actually thought the offensive line did a good job in the prior 3-games until a change was made this week along with some bizarre choice to go away from the pistol and run more tandem zone read action with a quarterback who isn't a true running threat