• The KillerFrogs

Gary Don't Be Stubborn

Horny4TCU

Gary, changes need to be made. I'm not on the fire Gary band wagon, but you gotta realize you need to change your leadership. Gary has to make the hard decisions, and he needs to get talent around him. I've said it every losing season, but it's true. Fire Sharp, Meach, and Anderson. Get some good coaches in their roles.

Prime BEEF

There’s a reason he was never hired away
He was considered for the KSU job a long while back and chose to stay here. And I think UT wanted to hire him one year…maybe when they actually picked up Charlie strong. But you would think he would’ve had more offers than that in 20yrs. Not sure any of the big 12 schools would give him an offer now.

Fiscuits

He was considered for the KSU job a long while back and chose to stay here. And I think UT wanted to hire him one year…maybe when they actually picked up Charlie strong. But you would think he would’ve had more offers than that in 20yrs. Not sure any of the big 12 schools would give him an offer now.
He actively applied, interviewed and lobbied for both the Arkansas and Tennessee job…and both passed.

He’s been great for TCU - but there is a reason why no one has hired him away.

He hasn’t blindly “stayed”. In reality, he has had no where else to go.

Limey Frog

Gary, changes need to be made. I'm not on the fire Gary band wagon, but you gotta realize you need to change your leadership. Gary has to make the hard decisions, and he needs to get talent around him. I've said it every losing season, but it's true. Fire Sharp, Meach, and Anderson. Get some good coaches in their roles.
He needs to go because he has already proved that he will never do this.

We've been saying that his assistants aren't good enough and most of them need to be replaced for a decade. If he didn't get rid of Anderson after 2013 he's not going to do anything significant now.

Also, at this point the coach most directly responsible for our most underperforming unit is him.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Hell, they interviewed Warden Art!

frogteacher70

Gary was a finalist for the Auburn job Chizik got.

CM Frog

He was offered the Arkansas job

Frogs1983

Not in his DNA . Patterson is a Control Freak, has to have his hands in ALL of the Defense, hardly any at all though in the Offense. He is not a CEO type of Coach, so asking him to be one at this point in his Coaching Career is not going to happen!

Mean Purple

Yeah, I’m from a generation where that behavior was common, almost expected in a coach. It really never bothered me too much but kids these days can’t/won’t accept it.
plenty of kids can take it. including anybody recruited by the likes of Ohio State, Bama, Georgia and even Arkansas and Tennessee again. TCU's problem is a soft roster. Frog's star rb would be 5th on the roster at UGA.

Paul in uhh

I could be convinced to keep GP if he became a ceo type and cleaned house of everyone but the RB and WR coaches, maybe Gonzales too.

The WR and RB groups are the only two pulling their weight and shockingly neither is a longtime friend or ex player of his.

Wexahu

This. Evans would be a household name if he played for Georgia.
Not sure about household name but he would be be playing plenty.

I’m sure Georgia has a stud RB or two but I have no idea what their names are. In fact, I couldn’t name one offensive player in that team except the QB.

Latest posts