• The KillerFrogs

Garth Brooks Documentary on A&E (TCU Related)

Benny

2 two hour documentary on Garth Brooks aired the past few nights on A&E. Very good watch if you liked country music in the late 80s and early 90s.

On a TCU related note, there were a few video clips of Garth in the 90s wearing a "TCU Horned Frogs" shirt. Does anyone know his relation to TCU, or was it just a coincidence he was wearing the shirt? I know he went to OK State for college. Anyway, it was a random, yet cool TCU sighting.

Eight

2 two hour documentary on Garth Brooks aired the past few nights on A&E. Very good watch if you liked country music in the late 80s and early 90s.

On a TCU related note, there were a few video clips of Garth in the 90s wearing a "TCU Horned Frogs" shirt. Does anyone know his relation to TCU, or was it just a coincidence he was wearing the shirt? I know he went to OK State for college. Anyway, it was a random, yet cool TCU sighting.

chris gaines is a tcu alum

Mean Purple

I don’t mind Garth Brooks but that whisper voice of his is annoying as hell. Why can’t he talk like a normal person?
I find it annoying as well. Mellodramatic whisper garth. "We had a concert, and looked in the hall, and...there were people".

Yeah, they are the ones who bought the tickets, sport.

Mean Purple

Seriously, though. Yeah, I remember him wearing that sweatshirt in the video. Thought it was really cool.
He gets shirts from different places, so it could have just been a gift. He also grew up around some ranchers, so maybe he knows some folks who went to TCU. And there are numerous folks who have worked for the music industry in Nashville over the years that were from TCU.

tcudoc

I hate anyone named Gaines.
thdcj.jpg

Mean Purple

Garth ran track at OSU circa '79-83..
Then, took off to Nashville to work the clubs and, cleverly, at the record company to meet folks. dude knows marketing.
So much for an "overnight success". Takes a while.
Just think, some day soon we'll talk about a TCU grad and say, remember when Ski was playing at games, etc.