• The KillerFrogs

Gameday Thread: Too wet for couch burning edition

LVH

You must feel great that we were close to being better than 5-7.

Even though we went 4-8 in 2013 you could see that we were pretty close to being there, just were on the bad side of some breaks and needed a few tweaks to get where we wanted to be. Well guess what happened, we regressed to the mean in a good way and make some tweaks and we go 12-1.

I see the same this year from this year's team. We are close, just need to make a couple of changes, that combined with mean regression and we will be where we need to be.

But what do I know.

Froggy Style

Even though we went 4-8 in 2013 you could see that we were pretty close to being there, just were on the bad side of some breaks and needed a few tweaks to get where we wanted to be. Well guess what happened, we regressed to the mean in a good way and make some tweaks and we go 12-1.

I see the same this year from this year's team. We are close, just need to make a couple of changes, that combined with mean regression and we will be where we need to be.

But what do I know.
Nothing.

This was the same as last year:

Poorly coached on offense. River boat gambling on defense. Rather than protecting a lead and winning the game...we blitz and lose on a deep pass...in every close game. Head coach cares more about being a hero than winning.

LVH

Nothing.

This was the same as last year:

Poorly coached on offense. River boat gambling on defense. Rather than protecting a lead and winning the game...we blitz and lose on a deep pass...in every close game. Head coach cares more about being a hero than winning.

We are #28 in ESPN's FPI despite the 5-7 record. Last year we were #47.

We. Are. Not. That. Far. Away. A new offensive staff and this team is right back into Big 12 title contention.

But go ahead, think we need to clean house and turn the entire program upside down.

Moose Stuff

But what do I know.

While that sounds good, that 2013 team changed OC’s, returned literally everyone but Verrett, and saw Boykin turn into a superstar. This team loses its best CB, best DL, best OL, best WR, a really good kicker and I’ll be surprised if we make an OC change. Not quite the same thing.

CountryFrog

Does anyone feel like winning that game would have somehow magically made us all happy about the season? We aren’t very good and we need to get much better in a whole bunch of areas. Nothing we did today would have made me feel even 1% better about this team. It was a massively disappointing season either way.
I would feel probably 3.7% better right now if we'd won.

jack the frog

Gary’s presser right now is the absolute punctuation on this abortion of a season. It doesn’t look good in the eyes of players, fans, recruits, or administration.

This whole scheissing thing is burning before our eyes.

Yeah. Coach showing his ass in another presser is the cherry on top of it all. How about “I am the head coach and I take full responsibility for the entire season?”