• The KillerFrogs

Gameday Thread: TCU vs Mountaineers (Early Edition)

LisaLT

HS recruits talk to each other, this is not a desired program - unless you like to be yelled at. Imagine recruits watching TCU play on TV the last few years. Do this look like a fun place to play? Do players run around the field having fun? Do they get high fives from coaches when they run off the field after a good play? Does SMU look like a better option down the road, they seem to be having some fun!
I get it. I do agree to an extent that the culture has changed at TCU. Even more reason for a radical change.

Mean Purple

Post game comments centered on the offense and a fatalistic belief in the defense. When pointed out that WVU played keep away and held the ball for long stretches, it was…Well that’s what they do.” Said we should have run it more.
Good summary of his comments. My question, if he had told staff on Thursday to run it more and that we wouldn't get much challenging the back end in the air, did they not listen to him? Why not?

Pharm Frog

Because Patterson was made to feel way too comfortable. And he is stubborn about his defense. His post game comments on the radio wrap up sounded like a guy who does not expect much for the season. He sounds like a guy who thinks he will get away with hiding behind the excuses of injury and youth for another year. Our ADs screwed the program by padding the contract too much.

My interpretation of his post game comments was that he feels like blaming the offense and that the D did it’s job because WVU did what WVU does to control the ball and there’s not much you can do about that.

Moose Stuff

HS recruits talk to each other, this is not a desired program - unless you like to be yelled at. Imagine recruits watching TCU play on TV the last few years. Do this look like a fun place to play? Do players run around the field having fun? Do they get high fives from coaches when they run off the field after a good play? Does SMU look like a better option down the road, they seem to be having some fun!
I’ve long thought not wanting to play in a culture like that was the reason why we couldn’t recruit elite talent defenders even when Gary was clearly on the short list of the best defensive minds in the country at the height of his success.

JAB331

Because Patterson was made to feel way too comfortable. And he is stubborn about his defense. His post game comments on the radio wrap up sounded like a guy who does not expect much for the season. He sounds like a guy who thinks he will get away with hiding behind the excuses of injury and youth for another year. Our ADs screwed the program by padding the contract too much.
Before the season started he said this team felt like the Rose Bowl one.

Wexahu

I’ve long thought not wanting to play in a culture like that was the reason why we couldn’t recruit elite talent defenders even when Gary was clearly on the short list of the best defensive minds in the country at the height of his success.
Somehow we were able to have some pretty damn good defenses though. And some of the best players we’ve had on that side of the ball were way under the radar recruits.

I’d take a Chucky Hunter, Davion Pierson, Jason Verrett, Josh Carraway, Chris Hackett, Sam Carter, and a Derrick Kindred any day of the week.