• The KillerFrogs

Gameday Thread: TCU vs Mountaineers (Early Edition)

Mean Purple

Is it losing Bumpas or RPO? I dunno, but I know we've been mediocre for awhile now. We can pay a fraction of the coaching costs and get the same results, you know like all those other sub .500 teams out there.

I miss those days when we used to worry about losing Patterson, I wish someone would try to take him from us, but why would anyone want him? He keeps blaming his staff, but it's pretty clear that he's the problem.
Did go get any extensions after 2018?

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Name one better?
What? Drink, or Offensive Coordinator?

I have made no secret of my disdain for Meacham since 2016. I thought he was reckless and foolish in his playcalling and seemingly ignorant of the strengths of his players, never putting them in a position to succeed. I think Kill has tempered him a wee little bit, but I still don't like his style. He is reluctant to grab and hold the initiative. Keeping an opponent guessing is nice and all, but demoralizing him by repeatedly knocking out his teeth is far more effective...

As I posted above, I may not like the rat [ "illegitimate Baylor boy" ], but he's being put in a terrible situation by literally having to score every time he gets the ball, or the Frogs lose. I sympathize with his plight. Doesn't make me like him any more, but I understand the vise he has had his head shoved into.

Don't even begin to ask me who should replace him, because I don't have the slightest idea. The problems with this outfit extend far further than a single coaching position...

May I suggest Starr of Africa Rum. https://www.starrrum.com/ Absolutely outstanding rum, made on the island of Mauritius. I was out there 20 years ago diving on old wrecks, and made some nice booze discoveries in addition to some far-out diving adventures...