• The KillerFrogs

Gameday Thread: TCU vs Cyclones (Game Moved to 1PM)

AroundWorldFrog

You newbies have no idea what losing is. Our program and coach is good. Panic has set in. If I may say almost like expecting beer in the parking lot at anytime you want.... Ooops too soon!!!!???
There's a lot of us that remember the 70s and 80s and 90s. First game I literally ever went to as a kid was a 81-16 loss to Texas. I don't want to see that again. Or year after year of 6-6.

Froggish

No coach in any sport is owed permanent tenure. That's a guaranteed one-way ticket to atrophy and mediocrity. Gratitude for previous accomplishments doesn't equal acquiescence to perpetual employment.

I would say your right 99.5% of the time but even the greatest of coaches haven’t given their employer what GP has...Are you aware that we have cashed over 100 million dollars in checks in the last 8years because of what GP has accomplished? Lot of people’s sons and daughters are getting their education because of that money..That’s the rarity of this situation.

I’ll say it again the best case scenario is that people within the University can help him see that the game is passing him by and it never comes to a drag him out situation

asleep003

Every coach has a shelf life at the school where they've attained great success. Bobby Bowden, Mack Brown, Mark Richt, etc. Patterson is no exception. It's time to turn the page and move on.
Wow … 3-2 and people want to walk GP out on the plank. Think there are a bunch of spoiled brats on this site... if we were a big state school with all the big star recruits every year... one could understand the whining. But lets get realistic.

We're a small private school that has tied for the B12 title one year and played in the CCG another year over the past 7 seasons. We've finished #2 and #3 last 10 yrs, with a great Bowl record too. So lets just chill out and finish the season 1st.

JimSwinkLives!

I would say your right 99.5% of the time but even the greatest of coaches haven’t given their employer what GP has...Are you aware that we have cashed over 100 million dollars in checks in the last 8years because of what GP has accomplished? Lot of people’s sons and daughters are getting their education because of that money..That’s the rarity of this situation.

I’ll say it again the best case scenario is that people within the University can help him see that the game is passing him by and it never comes to a drag him out situation

Wrong. It's 100% of the time.

Putt4Purple

I hope literally NOBODY involved with this program is using “not yet as bad as the 70’s-90’s” or “we haven’t lost to Texas 81-16 yet” as their threshold for when it’s time for a change.
I agree. One loss or even one losing season does not mean panic. Two or more? We shall see. I personally uphold coach GP in the highest regards for bringing the program where it is compared to the past. His success has raised the expectations of some people beyond reason at times, I think!! Go Frogs.

Eight

This.

We are in a time loop again back to 2012-13 again when Anderson/Burns were running the offense. We need an infusion of offensive coaches again. That is the cure all.

GP needs to make some adjustments on D, but we mainly need to recruit better. Cannot figure out why we struggle to recruit LBs is #1.

when you had a ga coaching your linebackers that isn't a great look when they can't recruit off campus.

they did a better job in the last class, but it sure as hell takes forever for kids to get up to speed to play linebacker in this defense.

defensive end is another train wreck in recruiting from 2015-2017 when you go back and look at the careers of the 8 kids signed during that time.

offensively, we have no identity and that comes from trying to run a little bit of everything with an oc who never has built and offense, a co-oc who is basically a recruiter, a receiver coach who has coached 3 different offensive positions and got demoted from oc, a new receiver coach who is new to coaching, and then you o-line coach who is doing the best job of the offensive staff though i think the receivers are starting to play better.

JimSwinkLives!

Wow … 3-2 and people want to walk GP out on the plank. Think there are a bunch of spoiled brats on this site... if we were a big state school with all the big star recruits every year... one could understand the whining. But lets get realistic.

We're a small private school that has tied for the B12 title one year and played in the CCG another year over the past 7 seasons. We've finished #2 and #3 last 10 yrs, with a great Bowl record too. So lets just chill out and finish the season 1st.

If you want to cling to nostalgia and hold tight to the little engine that could identity, be my guest. And if you can't see going 9-8 in the last 17 regular season games isn't a major cause for concern that actually does invite a legitimate discussion as to whether Patterson is still suited for his current position, then I can't help you.

Eight

If you want to cling to nostalgia and hold tight to the little engine that could identity, be my guest. And if you can't see going 9-8 in the last 17 regular season games isn't a major cause for concern that actually does invite a legitimate discussion as to whether Patterson is still suited for his current position, then I can't help you.

the fact tcu has basically disappeared from the metroplex and houston area in recruiting this year and how those 8 games have been lost (similar reasons) are a disturbing trend

Putt4Purple

We are NOT State University with universal appeal or cash! I do not think reality has set in for some people to think coaches will come to this job as TCU coach and be instantly successful. Nothing in life guaranteed. Ask Tennessee or Jerry Jones.

tetonfrog

Don't owe him anything but gratitude for past accomplishments. Period.

We owe him time to fix this.

Make changes in the offensive staff and go from there. If GP balks, sit him down, make him watch tape of the games again and make him watch himself on the sideline. GP is a smart guy. Even he can see that we are lost on offense. Everyone is frustrated. And, yeah, his D needs some tweeks, too.

If he cannot get it done, then...…….

smufrogger

I find it extremely annoying to see BU just a couple of years removed from a 1-win season on their way now to being 5-0. Meanwhile, we should have been building momentum for this program and making meaningful progress each year. Has anyone found the chip yet?
Not only Baylor but look at smu.
You can’t trll me either school has better facilities

Eight

We are NOT State University with universal appeal or cash! I do not think reality has set in for some people to think coaches will come to this job as TCU coach and be instantly successful. Nothing in life guaranteed. Ask Tennessee or Jerry Jones.

the thing about being fearful of change is that change is going to happen regardless.

no one said a new coach comes in and the frogs are winning the big 12.

merely that gary's position isn't a life time position and when a head coach either doesn't have the will or energy to continue to evolve with game then it is time to consider a change.