• The KillerFrogs

Gameday Thread: TCU vs Cyclones (Game Moved to 1PM)

Moose Stuff

The thing is, should not have to. If Patterson will stop being stubborn and get new assistants, it gets fixed.
Bring back Meach or get an OC that can actually run whatever the hell it is GP is hoping for.
Get an o line coach.
Get a rcvrs coach.

None of that addresses a defense that couldn’t stop SMU and Iowa St.

Moose Stuff

This is kind of stupid. I’m not an AD and I don’t have my list of all the candidates out there but there are quality coaches to be had if we offer enough money, which I’m sure we could.

Nobody figured Matt Rhule would be a candidate for the Baylor job when Briles left but here he is, doing a pretty good job. He’s probably a really good coach if we’re being honest.

There are guys out there to go hire. The job has to be available first before you find out.

He says no, but the first call is to Matt Campbell.

tetonfrog

The thing is, should not have to. If Patterson will stop being stubborn and get new assistants, it gets fixed.
Bring back Meach or get an OC that can actually run whatever the hell it is GP is hoping for.
Get an o line coach.
Get a rcvrs coach.

This.

We are in a time loop again back to 2012-13 again when Anderson/Burns were running the offense. We need an infusion of offensive coaches again. That is the cure all.

GP needs to make some adjustments on D, but we mainly need to recruit better. Cannot figure out why we struggle to recruit LBs is #1.

Mean Purple

This.

We are in a time loop again back to 2012-13 again when Anderson/Burns were running the offense. We need an infusion of offensive coaches again. That is the cure all.

GP needs to make some adjustments on D, but we mainly need to recruit better. Cannot figure out why we struggle to recruit LBs is #1.
LB issues is just odd.

4th. down

3-2-6 actually seems like it addresses some of our biggest weakness.

But Moose, first you have to give a [ Finebaum ] and want to play some football. There is more going on here than this loss. Has our senior secondary forgotten how to play? I doubt it. One thing for sure, the players know very well who's good and who isn't and have said so - you will lose the team playing favorites, GP like you keep coaches you shouldn't - playing favorites carries over.

Mean Purple

This.

Part of it is most big time LBs want to go where they play real LB most of the time.

AroundWorldFrog

I think I understand the frustration from players like Blacklock. He could clean it up a bit, but here was a guy that took flyer on TCU, missed his entire 2nd year, then has to play through this [ Finebaum ] storm. He could have gone anywhere. I'm thrilled that he came to TCU and he is one of my favorite players, but I get him being mad over this crap.

Wexahu

He says no, but the first call is to Matt Campbell.

Sure, why not. Considering where we are located smack dab in the middle of a recruiting hotbed this job is better than people think in my opinion. Recruiting could really take off if we had someone who could really sell a program and a vision in charge.

Froggish

It’s dangerous to say things like “we definitely owe him as long as he wants”.

I suppose if you only think in Football terms...How much money has been pumped into the TCU economy directly because of GP’s football success?..Just 8 years ago we crossed an unprecedented financial threshold with our inclusion in the Big12.

Ultimately I would hope he himself would recognize when it’s time to move into another roll at the university or ride off into the retirement sunset. I would hope that would happen far before we hit rock bottom.

I’m over the “be careful what you wish for” crowd as I don’t recall wishing for 7-5 once in the last 15 years

Putt4Purple

You newbies have no idea what losing is. Our program and coach is good. Panic has set in. If I may say almost like expecting beer in the parking lot at anytime you want.... Ooops too soon!!!!???

Mean Purple

But Moose, first you have to give a [ steaming pile of Orgeron ] and want to play some football. There is more going on here than this loss. Has our senior secondary forgotten how to play? I doubt it. One thing for sure, the players know very well who's good and who isn't and have said so - you will lose the team playing favorites, GP like you keep coaches you shouldn't - playing favorites carries over.
You have to play hard the hole game. Being better does not help when you're soft.

Wexahu

I think I understand the frustration from players like Blacklock. He could clean it up a bit, but here was a guy that took flyer on TCU, missed his entire 2nd year, then has to play through this [ steaming pile of Orgeron ] storm. He could have gone anywhere. I'm thrilled that he came to TCU and he is one of my favorite players, but I get him being mad over this crap.

If he graduates and he doesn’t declare for the draft he can play wherever he wants next year. If some great team has a big need at DT I wouldn’t be surprised to see him take a serious look. That kind of stuff is gonna start happening on a regular basis.

TCU has about 10,000 students. UT Austin has 51,000 students. Even in Fort Worth, there are five UT alums for every TCU alum. OU "only" has 28,000 students, but they have 3 million T-shirt fans. Trust me, everyone in Oklahoma is a OU T-shirt fan. I lived there for several years.

The only program that I can think of that is similar to TCU is Notre Dame. They have 12,000 students. However they have an endowment that is roughly 8 times TCU's endowment and they have about 66 million T-shirt fans.

The point of this is GP's achievements at TCU have been nothing short of astounding. He made us relevant. Yes, the record has slipped since joining the Big 12, but did anyone really think that TCU would dominate the Big 12 like the the Mountain West or the WAC? If so, you need to re-evaluate your expectations. This was a ten year project going in. There will be set backs. Maybe GP is behind schedule, but he is working with 18-22 year old young men with fragile bodies and egos. Give it time.

Mean Purple

TCU has about 10,000 students. UT Austin has 51,000 students. Even in Fort Worth, there are five UT alums for every TCU alum. OU "only" has 28,000 students, but they have 3 million T-shirt fans. Trust me, everyone in Oklahoma is a OU T-shirt fan. I lived there for several years.

The only program that I can think of that is similar to TCU is Notre Dame. They have 12,000 students. However they have an endowment that is roughly 8 times TCU's endowment and they have about 66 million T-shirt fans.

The point of this is GP's achievements at TCU have been nothing short of astounding. He made us relevant. Yes, the record has slipped since joining the Big 12, but did anyone really think that TCU would dominate the Big 12 like the the Mountain West or the WAC? If so, you need to re-evaluate your expectations. This was a ten year project going in. There will be set backs. Maybe GP is behind schedule, but he is working with 18-22 year old young men with fragile bodies and egos. Give it time.
So we should accept barely getting by.

JimSwinkLives!

As I said we definitely owe him as long as he wants. No issue at all with him calling his shots. I just want us to acknowledge that if he stays long enough, it’s possible for him to lead us right back from whence we came...

No coach in any sport is owed permanent tenure. That's a guaranteed one-way ticket to atrophy and mediocrity. Gratitude for previous accomplishments doesn't equal acquiescence to perpetual employment.