• The KillerFrogs

Gameday Thread: TCU vs Cowboys (too early edition)

HG73

which makes perfect sense with what we have seen in the inconsistency he has shown in throwing the ball since the kstate game

gary has said he is healthy, but i don't think anyone believe gary is going to say a player is hurt and can't play effectively in a press conference

the one who i put more faith in on this was jeremy as he has said he has been told max is healthy, but he also keeps telling us there is a stephen brown package that we will see this year
Kid's a stud. Gamer. He's only gonna get better. Just a hair better (or healthy) and we're one of the top teams.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
anyone remember when bo pellini was considered a competent defensive coordinator?

sark's offense is just shredding the lsu defense to the tune of 38 points, 412 yards and there is still 4 minutes to go n the half
Bo was staked through the heart in the first game. It's been downhill ever since.

Eight

lsu has had a bit of success offensively against bama gaining 236 yards which is solid, but.......bama has almost doubled them up in total yards as they have run 40 play, gained 469 yards, amassed 20 first downs in a half and averaging over 11 yards per play

they have a 100 yards rusher in the first half in harris going for 118 yards on 17 carries with 2 scores

they have a 300 yard passer in the first half in jones going 15 out of 19 for 338 yards and 4 tds

and they have a 200 yard receiver in the first half as smith has 7 catches for 219 yards and 3 td's and his 3rd td catch was ridiculous

Eight

Kid's a stud. Gamer. He's only gonna get better. Just a hair better (or healthy) and we're one of the top teams.

think there is a very high ceiling for this offense based upon max improving in the passing game, the line getting better, development of the receivers, and deciding upon a scheme, but i agree it starts with max and his leadership

you can see the way the other players respond to him that he brings much more than his physical tools

CountryFrog

think there is a very high ceiling for this offense based upon max improving in the passing game, the line getting better, development of the receivers, and deciding upon a scheme, but i agree it starts with max and his leadership

you can see the way the other players respond to him that he brings much more than his physical tools
The difference between good players and great players is that the great ones play at a high level with consistency. Boykin was great in those last 2 years because he very rarely had a bad game. You could almost always count on him to make plays every week and give you a chance to win.

Max is just as physically gifted as Boykin but for whatever reason hasn't become consistent from week to week yet. If he can get the consistency then he can be a great player and the ceiling is the roof for this team.

Chongo94

I think so too....I’d just much rather hope we run something similar to Iowa State or Bama....I know I know, the athletes and all but I’m just kinda done with whatever it is we are trying to do on offense.

Whatever it is, we make it look so damn difficult and if Max wasn’t the Terminator at times, we would be in even worse shape offensively.

Last edited:

Eight

I think so too....I’d just much rather hope we run something similar to Iowa State or Bama....I know I know, the athletes and all but I’m just kinda done with whatever it is we are trying to do on offense.

Whatever it is, we make it look so damn difficult and if Max wasn’t the terminator at times, we would be in even worse shape offensively.

big key for bama is the offensive line much like it is with the sooners

they are going to make you react to harris in the run game and when you do they attack down the field in the passing game. i like the scheme and i like the switch routes they run.

the feeling i get is we don't go into a game very often with a definite mindset