• The KillerFrogs

Gameday Thread: TCU at Texas

Mean Purple

1). I totally agree with the general tone.
2). Any day we beat UT is a great day in America.
3). We won because the RB couldn't protect the football inside the 1 yard line. That could have just as easily been a loss and we'd be very, very grumpy at how we gave up the lead following our go ahead score. I don't want to say "lucky", but that play definitely bailed out what to that point had been a nearly game losing drive.

point 3 leads to point 4, the fact that most feel ut was overranked.

but post 2 still covers!

Endless Purple

1). I totally agree with the general tone.
2). Any day we beat UT is a great day in America.
3). We won because the RB couldn't protect the football inside the 1 yard line. That could have just as easily been a loss and we'd be very, very grumpy at how we gave up the lead following our go ahead score. I don't want to say "lucky", but that play definitely bailed out what to that point had been a nearly game losing drive.

or 3) We won from a great defensive stop where the TCU player hits the RB helping to knock the ball loose.

Frozen Frog

I loved the safety call at the end of the game. I wondered how that would be applied if the safety occurred with no time left. I thought the game just ended, but talked myself out of it. I believe the free kick would have to be in bounds per kick off rules.

I remember the Goofers (Minnesota) playing the Sconnies (Wisconsin) years ago. Goofers are up 5 late in the game with the ball deep in their territory. Bad snap on the punt. The punter picks it up in the end zone and tries to kick it out. It is blocked with the Sconnies falling on it for the TD and the win.

Horny4TCU

Good job smu lmao!

a857b49e9fb71ce85162edb359456773.jpg

Brog

Somebody explain this to me. Quarterback ratings, our guy 126, their guy 129, but look at the statistics:
Max Duggan
12 att, 19 comp, 144 yards gained,7.6 0 0 0 0 126.8
texas_austin_wbgs.png
Texas
Comp Att Pct Yds Y/A TD Int Sack YdsL QBRat
Sam Ehlinger

5 16 31.3 132 8.3 2 1 0 0 129.3
Something to consider for those down on the program.... when we take the field in 2021....

Duggan SOPH
Conright FR
Johnston FR
Barlow FR
Foster FR
Evans FR
Miller FR

Add Kell to this list, OK?

froginmn

I loved the safety call at the end of the game. I wondered how that would be applied if the safety occurred with no time left. I thought the game just ended, but talked myself out of it. I believe the free kick would have to be in bounds per kick off rules.

I remember the Goofers (Minnesota) playing the Sconnies (Wisconsin) years ago. Goofers are up 5 late in the game with the ball deep in their territory. Bad snap on the punt. The punter picks it up in the end zone and tries to kick it out. It is blocked with the Sconnies falling on it for the TD and the win.
Why did you have to bring that up?

Eight

Somebody explain this to me. Quarterback ratings, our guy 126, their guy 129, but look at the statistics:
Max Duggan
12 att, 19 comp, 144 yards gained,7.6 0 0 0 0 126.8
texas_austin_wbgs.png
Texas
Comp Att Pct Yds Y/A TD Int Sack YdsL QBRat
Sam Ehlinger

5 16 31.3 132 8.3 2 1 0 0 129.3

Add Kell to this list, OK?

formula favors ypa and sam had the td passes where max had no td passes