• The KillerFrogs

Gameday Thread: TCU at Colorado; Sponsored by Hell's Half Acre Stadium Goods

Pharm Frog

my game day experience was great.
You must not have had security called to your area five times in 2.5 quarters plus pregame mainly to mitigate the same three men who are apparently well known to that section. Buff v buff. Buff v Frog. F you’s in your face from drunk frat kids and people getting shoved down for bumping into someone. You must not have had someone puke on your back like a lady in the row above me. I had inflated expectations obviously.

LionsBearsFrogs

The worst fans in the (soon to be reconstituted) Big 12!

The pregame atmosphere tonight was incredible; however, I have to comment on the pregame and first half language and taunting by CU “fans.” As my purple clad family of four (two boys 6 and 10) walked to the stadium, we were greeted by multiple groups of CU students/fans chanting “F—- you TCU” in the face of my kids. This continued inside the stadium—especially in the concession line where my wife and 6-year-old were berated by a so-called Buffalo fan.

We’ve traveled to almost every Big 12 venue other than Lubbock and Morgantown multiple times and have never encountered anything like this. If a conference realignment scenario happens where CU is looking for a lifeline then I hope TCU is slow to say yes.

CountryFrog

I know it sucks, but going to college or NFL games as a visiting fan these days then you have to expect to be treated like [ Finebaum ]. Sometimes you'll get lucky and have a positive experience, but your expectations going in should be that you'll be treated like a Nazi walking through a holocaust survivors reunion. It's why I've gone to almost no games outside of Fort Worth for the last several years.

Even with that, it sounds like Pharm's experience may have been above and beyond. Sorry to hear that.

TCUBetterThanYou

Back at the hotel and have a few thoughts to share. TCU represented well around town today. Lots of purple.

The first half- not much to say other than Derius Davis looks incredible when he jukes players.

Second half- running the ball, both 33 and 3 looked good. Chandler scrambling around brings back memories of Tye Gunn when he would run (please don’t).

Duggan is still fast on those designed QB draws. Was a major reason for the win. Sam Jackson…holy crap. The way he runs puts Boykin to shame. Crazy to watch live. If he can develop the more important aspects of being a QB, watch out.

Glad to walk away with a comfortable win. Only had to deal with one ill mannered fan where we sat, so great trip all in all!

LisaLT

I’m glad I stayed at casa LT. I considered going to the game, but too many things worked in my favor: 1) no plane travel 2) pot is legal in LA 3) time zone game start at 7pm, which ended up 7:45 or so due to ESPN coverage of Serena’s last game 4) BBQ at my neighbors which was awesome 5) tequila at home and no driving and 6) watching in my PJs.

If next well isn’t a blowout, I’m starting my own tequila brand.

Pharm Frog

The worst fans in the (soon to be reconstituted) Big 12!

The pregame atmosphere tonight was incredible; however, I have to comment on the pregame and first half language and taunting by CU “fans.” As my purple clad family of four (two boys 6 and 10) walked to the stadium, we were greeted by multiple groups of CU students/fans chanting “F—- you TCU” in the face of my kids. This continued inside the stadium—especially in the concession line where my wife and 6-year-old were berated by a so-called Buffalo fan.

We’ve traveled to almost every Big 12 venue other than Lubbock and Morgantown multiple times and have never encountered anything like this. If a conference realignment scenario happens where CU is looking for a lifeline then I hope TCU is slow to say yes.
I loved watching Ralphie run. Didn’t know she did it again after halftime. Met some nice folks. But overall it was awful behavior and enough that Mrs Pharm has declared never again. I’m kicking myself for not leaving when she said she didn’t feel safe. That’s on me.

Never want to hear complaints about parking at TCU. We parked at East Campus and took the shuttle ($15). After getting lost for awhile the Shuttle dropped us off in the wrong spot and even the CU fans were irritated by that…on campus but nowhere near the stadium. Left game with 2.5m remaining…went back to drop off point. No shuttles. Was told they stopped running at 11pm by one crossing guard and another said they are running Colorado street. Walked all the way to East Campus with a couple of other Frogs in the same predicament….not a single shuttle.

Student section impressive in size and energy….classless in their behavior and language. They are proud of their new sound system and I suppose it’s okay but must have been a massive improvement over the prior one.

Dance team in pre pre-season form but they had energy. Band was loud but seemed perplexed they didn’t get to play the Anthem. Their leaders had them ready but then they played the Anthem from the press box. But that was awesome because the whole stadium rocked with people singing loudly. Pretty cool.

Loved the feel of the on-campus historic stadium but I believe all D1 games should be played at on-campus stadiums. But since these are professional players now maybe they should play at NFL stadiums.

Was surprised that CU fans harbored as much hope and confidence in their team. Was not surprised that they shed all of that when the Frogs took control.

All in all….I’ve now seen Folsom Field and watched Ralphie run. Will return to Colorado because I enjoy the state but can’t see myself ever coming back to CU for a football game.

And…we have some real stupid agitators who wear the purple. I just don’t understand coming to any athletic contest and doing anything but watching the game and cheering your team. Hopefully Estes Park will give me some cooler weather tomorrow (now today) or I’m heading up RMNP to find some chilly air.

Prince of Purpoole II

Reigning Smartarse
You must not have had security called to your area five times in 2.5 quarters plus pregame mainly to mitigate the same three men who are apparently well known to that section. Buff v buff. Buff v Frog. F you’s in your face from drunk frat kids and people getting shoved down for bumping into someone. You must not have had someone puke on your back like a lady in the row above me. I had inflated expectations obviously.
Yikes. Seems like a few ejections would have been in order

Double V

I hate listening

only when we run baby. I’m a ground and pound girl.
Morning Urinate GIF