• The KillerFrogs

Gameday Thread: Sooners vs Horned Frogs

Moose Stuff

PO Frog said:
My problem is he doesn't go for it like a man on the 4th and 1 and 4th and 2 earlier in the game. Especially since our punter consistently kicks it to the 17. Useless IMO
Everybody on here blasting GP and yet we were one play away from winning a game that none of you truly expected to win. Maybe a bunch of the stuff he did tonight was way more right than you're giving him credit for.

jake102

Moose Stuff said:
Everybody on here blasting GP and yet we were one play away from winning a game that none of you truly expected to win. Maybe a bunch of the stuff he did tonight was way more right than you're giving him credit for.

Whatever he did to his defense since last week was awesome. Finally looked more like a TCU defense.  

Pharm Frog

TCURiggs said:

Sounds very logical to me
Because everyone knows you absolutely must have seven days after a 3OT game to have any chance of winning. I liked the decision and the play call. Should have left it with "we went for the win because that's what we do". I'll never believe (and nobody else would either) that the coaches huddled quickly and said..."Damn...we have a game in five days that we can't win if we go to OT here."

PO Frog

Moose Stuff said:
If you told me their QB would not play the second half I'm not sure I'd be saying we had no chance to win since I thought we had a fighting chance anyways. Fans was way worse than I imagined he would be and the defense stepped up. Think our coaching staff failed in game management tonight, same as they've struggled in close games for years. Regardless of what anybody thought, burning a timeout on a punt and a defensive substitution are not good coaching moves.

Mean Purple

Here's the deal, I did expect to win that game. That's why I was frustrated when they waited so long to pull the qb. We would not have 9 wins if we did not have amazing depth. 50% of the roster is injured and we can hang with anybody in the country. Which is why I was frustrated with folks writing the game off a week before.

TCURiggs

Pharm Frog said:
Because everyone knows you absolutely must have seven days after a 3OT game to have any chance of winning. I liked the decision and the play call. Should have left it with "we went for the win because that's what we do". I'll never believe (and nobody else would either) that the coaches huddled quickly and said..."Damn...we have a game in five days that we can't win if we go to OT here."

You really don't see that he's saying running/defending 15, 20 or 30 more plays, and getting home an hour or more later, could be a detriment when they have a game in five days? Setting the extra effort/time aside, what if someone else got injured? 

Dogfrog

Pharm Frog said:
You think they have to huddle to make that decision?

OmniscienceFrog

Mean Purple said:
Patterson's stubborn refusal to make the obvious decision cost the Frogs huge. Every year he finds a way to do that. You go for 1. And win you could not get 1 earlier...you most certainly go for 1 there. Goodbye conference championship. Goodbye major bowl shot.
He needs to apologize to the team. He blew it. They worked too hard to risk it on a low percentage play. We were owning OU at the end of the game and stood a way better chance with overtime...which we would not have needed had he gone for 1 earlier. 
Does somebody need their pacifier?

kidkarr

Jake102 said:

Whatever he did to his defense since last week was awesome. Finally looked more like a TCU defense.  
Hell yeah! They were cracking skulls. Only got gashed after turnovers when they were on field for log periods of time. Very solid effort by the D.

kidkarr

Jake102 said:

Hell yeah! They were cracking skulls. Only got gashed after turnovers when they were on field for log periods of time. Very solid effort by the D.

Pharm Frog

TCURiggs said:

You really don't see that he's saying running/defending 15, 20 or 30 more plays, and getting home an hour or more later, could be a detriment when they have a game in five days? Setting the extra effort/time aside, what if someone else got injured? 
Okay...would it still be possible to win on Friday if we played only 2 OT sessions? Or one? I said it sounds excuse-ish and it does to me. And an unnecessary justification at that. He has already handled the question well.

Austintxfrog94

Like I said I get the call.   As an external observor  (watching on TV) OU's offense couldn't do anything with Knight.  Would have been cool to see what would happen in OT but not in the cards.  In GMFP I trust.  

TCURiggs

The first two-point call was a mistake, but whatever... I get it. We hadn't done boat all day and GP probably thought we had to try for it then. There was his mistake. What about the four turnovers? Are those his? Nope. There were a boatload of mistakes, but going for the win at the end really wasn't one of them. I didn't like it, but I completely understood it. I'm damn proud of TCU tonight... hell of an effort with a MASH unit. Now, let's beat the breaks off those dorks from Waco. I feel good about our chances.