• The KillerFrogs

Gameday Thread: Iron Skillet Edition in Dallas

Moose Stuff

5 to 1 tcu fans? It was sad tonight. Felt like a high school game....first time I really thought SMU should just give it up and drop to FCS - focus on hoops. The game day presentation is just awful.

I make fun of these tools but I honestly don’t get it. Great school, beautiful campus, major US city, right in the middle of a recruiting hot bed...... and yet they can’t even elevate themselves to a relevant contender in a mediocre non P5 league. No different than the struggles going on in Austin..... literally no excuse for it IMO.

Moose Stuff

Shouldn’t you be dancing by now?

I’m leaving in half an hour..... up since 6:30 putting out fires. Oldest who is borderline on the autism spectrum is taking the LSAT this AM and the rain delay has thrown her planned schedule into disarray. I believe her exact words were “I may kill somebody”. I said “OK, go get ‘em Sheldon”. It’ll probably be me she kills. Middle one got home at 1:30 AM after her high school football game/dance team trip to IHOP and is faking a sore throat. I told her sleeping mother I don’t care enough to argue with her about how she has to go to dance and now her mom may kill me too. The little one is pissed because all she wants to do is watch the TCU/SMU replay and can’t fathom “why anyone would schedule dance so early on a Saturday when everyone in the world was up late watching football last night” and has just now informed me that I suck. Pretty normal Saturday here.

Realtorfrog

I’m hoping we saw a team overlooking an opponent....., getting serious ....., and then cruise control. It’s easy to do with all the hype of the game at Jerry’s Ward.

We were very vanilla on offense the entire game.

Thank You Turpin!!!

FrogCoach84

I don’t know if anyone enjoyed that game more than the guys over at GoMeanGreen

They’ve talked themselves into University of North Texas being better than TCU after both games vs SMU.

That and they hate SMU and really hate Hicks so they got to see the Ponies beatdown two weeks in a row...and they get to use comparative stats to determine the Mean Green are better than the Frogs.

I will say University of North Texas has what looks like a solid squad this year...hope they beat Arkansas.

FrogLifeYo

They’ve talked themselves into University of North Texas being better than TCU after both games vs SMU.

That and they hate SMU and really hate Hicks so they got to see the Ponies beatdown two weeks in a row...and they get to use comparative stats to determine the Mean Green are better than the Frogs.

I will say University of North Texas has what looks like a solid squad this year...hope they beat Arkansas.
When you got a QB then you always have a chance...Arkansas is going to have some troubles today

SnoSki

University of North Texas has a team with a pulse this year but beating TCU? That’s cute.

It’s always interesting to me how fans watching rainy games just assume that their team would have no issues whatsoever with the rain. It seems University of North Texas and Buckeye fans both fit into this.

Smellslikeroses

When you got a QB then you always have a chance...Arkansas is going to have some troubles today
They are playing CSU today (my backyard). I’d love for CSU to beat them but they are terrible this year. Watching CSU vs CU, there was such a large gap between athleticism- which I think is the divide between Power 5 and (what was the commercial last night? “Power 6?) the others.

Big Frog II

5 to 1 tcu fans? It was sad tonight. Felt like a high school game....first time I really thought SMU should just give it up and drop to FCS - focus on hoops. The game day presentation is just awful.
It does feel like a high school game over there. No energy, no fans, that silly looking porch in the end zone. We usually sleep walk the first half before turning it on, and have I mentioned how I hate the traffic getting over there on a Friday afternoon?

stbrab

I’m leaving in half an hour..... up since 6:30 putting out fires. Oldest who is borderline on the autism spectrum is taking the LSAT this AM and the rain delay has thrown her planned schedule into disarray. I believe her exact words were “I may kill somebody”. I said “OK, go get ‘em Sheldon”. It’ll probably be me she kills. Middle one got home at 1:30 AM after her high school football game/dance team trip to IHOP and is faking a sore throat. I told her sleeping mother I don’t care enough to argue with her about how she has to go to dance and now her mom may kill me too. The little one is pissed because all she wants to do is watch the TCU/SMU replay and can’t fathom “why anyone would schedule dance so early on a Saturday when everyone in the world was up late watching football last night” and has just now informed me that I suck. Pretty normal Saturday here.
Is the little one the same one who wanted to know if she could cuss last week? Bet she did some serious cussing during the first half!