1. The KillerFrogs

Gameday Thread: Iowa State at TCU

Discussion in 'Scott & Wes Frog Fan Forum' started by TxFrog1999, Sep 26, 2020.

1. I don’t know if I’d say we have been a joke, but I’d absolutely say we haven’t been remotely close to the team we had back then. I fear/think we may never get back to those times.

netty2424 likes this.
  2. This is exactly why GP likes to shake the rust on and get accustomed to games speed by playing SWAC teams that everyone hates so much.

LisaLT, Planks and Moose Stuff like this.
  3. This

4. Downing didn’t look terrible but Max looked good. Next game. Defense has most to work on.

5. Terrible loss. Obviously players have to take some accountability but this one is 90% at the feet of the coaching staff and primarily Gary. 2nd year in a row that his defense has made that crap offense look like OU against us.

6. perhaps we were a joke before that. Similar to Vince young at UT, he allowed us to overcome bad play callers. Sends everyone deep and have Boykin run for 20 was a pretty good offense, just not sustainable if you’re going to start an immobile walk on

tyler durden likes this.
  7. “Nothing U” ranked 17.

8. We had a chance to win until #4 bounced an easy catch off his knee and it was intercepted.

Frogs01 and Horny4TCU like this.
  9. 2014 was probably our peak.

Salfrog and Wog68 like this.
  10. Seriously Gary. How the scheiss does this offense rip your defense to shreds 2 straight years? No scheissing excuses about this was our 1st game [ deposit from a bull that looks like Art Briles ]. No way that a team who scores 14 against Louisiana can come put 37 on you in the next game. No scheissing way.

11. We were DANGEROUS back then. No one has been scared of us since then.

Salfrog and Mean Purple like this.
  12. Had a chance to win 6!games last year too.

meaningless...this should have been a 20 point win so mistakes don’t matter. Win by one philosophy means lose by 7 or less these days.

13. They are now. Marshall is also ranked. It’s amazing how a team can be ranked when the teams they play crap the bed.

14. Well, we almost made "Bad Beats."

15. Lol, keep it to football and Moose and I are in violent agreement.

Salfrog and Moose Stuff like this.
  16. Agree ☹️

tyler durden likes this.
  17. We looked rusty. Still think we would have won if Duggan starts.

HFrog1999 likes this.
  18. You don't think we had it with the Rose and Peach teams?

19. This is the one like I’ll ever give you.

Salfrog and Horny4TCU like this.
  20. I would say with the game on the line, and our D needing a stop it has happened around 10% of the time. Sure, people will point to big ones, but there are far more times when our D did not hold at the end of a game.