• The KillerFrogs

Gameday Thread: Cyclones vs Horned Frogs

LeagueCityFrog

I went into this game thinking we'd be 8-4 this season. I came out thinking 7-5. Really unfortunate what is going on with our offense. Bad running lanes keep sticking out to me week after week. Defense did play well tonight. It does seem like we blew our whole season's offense brain power in the Ohio State game. As for Shawn Robinson, it looked like a left shoulder injury to me. If it was a left leg than that's news to me. My favorite players this season are Turp, Wallow, and Innis Gaines. All three got that Frog Factor.

Mean Purple

You're an idiot. Bowl eligibility wont be a problem. The question is are the problems the offense is facing fixable. If they aren't 6-6 is realistic. If they are fixable then we have 12 days to repair things for Texas Tech and then another 9 days after that.
If the problem on offense is not fixed, then getting to a bowl is indeed a challenge. He cant finish drives and he turns the ball over a lot.

Look at the schedule, and then look at what we have scored the past few weeks. What teams will we be able to score with?

f_399

Why don't we go deeper in our RB depth chart?

We keep using sewo, he is not cutting it.

Anderson isn't 100%

Keep going down the list, rotate 4, at least until something works

robbroyy

If the problem on offense is not fixed, then getting to a bowl is indeed a challenge. He cant finish drives and he turns the ball over a lot.

Look at the schedule, and then look at what we have scored the past few weeks. What teams will we be able to score with?
What teams are going to be able to score on our defense consistently besides West Virginia and OU (yes we’ll probably lose those)

Mean Purple

We can’t beat very many teams remaining on our schedule because our offense can’t score. Kansas & Baylor are about it. We need this one tonight badly.
You must be counting on our D to put the stop on baylor. Because this offense cant out score their's currently.

LisaLT

What teams are going to be able to score on our defense consistently besides West Virginia and OU (yes we’ll probably lose those)[/

But conversely, we need to score points to win these other games too. Tech does have the ability to throw the ball successfully as does OSU. There are no easy games IMO based on the level of play I’ve seen in the last few games.

Bizarro Frog

In my opinion the offensive scheme and play calling have not been the real culprit. It’s turnovers and not scoring TD’s in the red zone. Feels like we drive strait down the field and then chaos ensues with dropped passes, INT’s or fumbles. Frogs could have blown open both last nights game and the TX game by scoring to take a 2 score lead. Our D was playing well enough to suffocate the other team if given the chance but we have had multiple of those drives end in turnovers.

Last edited:

flyfishingfrog

Triggered? you asked for a definition and I copied the rule out of the book.

Week minds? you can't stand your donations didn't buy your son a spot.

Earn your [ steaming pile of Orgeron ]. Goodnight.
You copied the wrong rule - but to be fair that was the rule they used to determine it wasn’t a penalty

However like you, they were wrong

It wasn’t an ejectable offense because Turp wasn’t defenseless - however it was definitely targeting

The defender led with his helmet, both of his feet left the ground and he made helmet to helmet contact

15 yds, no ejection

The only refs worse than that crew are the replay guys back in the offices