• The KillerFrogs

Gameday Thread: Cowboys vs Horned Frogs

HG73

None of the last 2 minute game clock management arguments may happen at all if the refs didn't horribly misspot the 2nd and 19 scramble by Mule. He was at least a yard past the marker when they finally got him down, yet mysteriously it's 3rd and 1 with no replay review. I thought that was pure horse crap. Particularly when contrasted with the fact they made sure to review the non-backward pass OSU threw near their goal line to figure out whether it's 3rd and 10 or 12.
I just watched the replay and GM hit the ground with the ball solidly overlapping the yellow TV first down stripe. Would have been overturned immediately if reviewed and first down signaled.

From the stands it seemed obvious he had just won the game and I breathed a sigh of relief. Then seconds later we line up for a sneak but run that end around that lost six yards. My relief was short lived.

But GM definitely made the first down.

Pharm Frog

I just watched the replay and GM hit the ground with the ball solidly overlapping the yellow TV first down stripe. Would have been overturned immediately if reviewed and first down signaled.

From the stands it seemed obvious he had just won the game and I breathed a sigh of relief. Then seconds later we line up for a sneak but run that end around that lost six yards. My relief was short lived.

But GM definitely made the first down.

I felt almost the same way in the stands and started doing the math as to how we could or could not kill the clock.

FrogLifeYo

Considering this season’s issues, injuries, GP losing both parents and getting sued by a former player; this could be one of the better coaching jobs of his career.
Maybe...I tend to believe that all of those things forced him to rely on a sorely inadequate coaching staff which consistently let him down. Even with all the injuries, we didn’t play up to our talent level. I don’t blame him...As you point out it was a very difficult personal year for him.

I’m expecting big things out of this team next year. We should have 9-Starters on Offense returning, a plethora of potential to choose from at the QB position, and probably 7-8 defensive guys who contributed significantly..

Oh and as GP likes it, we won’t be ranked going into the year