• The KillerFrogs

Gameday Thread, Big 12 Championship Edition: #3 TCU vs Kansas State... again; Sponsored by Hell's Half Acre Stadium Goods

How many cities would it of gone to if Miller wad correctly marked in?View attachment 13065
That stings, and should not be. The title is now unbelievably warped—tarnished when it does not appear/feel to be properly awarded. It is goofy. Does K-State really feel like the conference Champs—a one game playoff versus the entire season? TCU is not the Champ and K-State likely does not fully feel like the Champion. The Big XII awards a title and trophy but nobody feels like it is completely earned and TRUE. Not wholly satisfying, and it then harms the meaning of and purposeful drive for the goal when the next season begins.

I am old-school and believe a conference championship is determined by the grind of the entire season—it is the purpose of being in a conference and playing a conference season schedule—to establish the Champ by most conference wins! The fall football season and its title have now been diminished.

1671128244832.jpeg

Last edited:

tmcats

As a K-State fan, I agree the regular season championship should be crowned the conference champion.

But it doesn't work that way, does it. The ole 13th data point, it comes at a risk. It happened to us in '98 when aTm pulled a huge upset over Bishop's undefeated #1 team. K-State's Sproles' team did the same to undefeated #1 OU in 2003.

But this year wasn't like that. K-State was favored.

Answering your question directly: everyone up here feels rightly the champion.

Wexahu

As a K-State fan, I agree the regular season championship should be crowned the conference champion.

But it doesn't work that way, does it. The ole 13th data point, it comes at a risk. It happened to us in '98 when aTm pulled a huge upset over Bishop's undefeated #1 team. K-State's Sproles' team did the same to undefeated #1 OU in 2003.

You have a right to feel that way I guess, but honestly, that's pretty lame. And I'd say the same thing if the shoe were on the other foot. Every team played one another, and we were 9-1 and you were 8-2. Seems pretty simple.

Some conference championships are cheaper than others I guess.

I appreciate the feedback, especially regarding how Wildcat fans feel having that Big XII Champions trophy behind glass. But, I don’t see whom was favored in one last game as pertinent to the point, since we both agree that the team with the most conference wins should be crowned the conference champion.

Last edited:

tmcats

You have a right to feel that way I guess, but honestly, that's pretty lame. And I'd say the same thing if the shoe were on the other foot. Every team played one another, and we were 9-1 and you were 8-2. Seems pretty simple.

Some conference championships are cheaper than others I guess.
I'm not arguing the point you make because I agree with it, the regular season winner should be crowned champion in a round-robin league. Reality is, this was K-State's super bowl, yours is yet to come. Go win it for yourselves and the rest of us. #emaw

TCUdirtbag

I'm not arguing the point you make because I agree with it, the regular season winner should be crowned champion in a round-robin league. Reality is, this was K-State's super bowl, yours is yet to come. Go win it for yourselves and the rest of us. #emaw

Cats are my favorite team in the league other than TCU.

Both teams walked away from the regular season with something huge. TCU a 12-1 record and a playoff berth the year after firing its legendary coach. KSU a league championship and an opportunity to beat the biggest brand in CFB on a national stage—heights before only reached under its legendary former head coach Snyder.

With a 1-1 record vs each other, it’a a shake-hands-good-job-give-em-hell-in-the-postseason outcome. Congrats on the championship game W and good luck in the Sugar Bowl! Hope our teams go 2-0 on NYE.

And damn I’m not looking forward to seeing Howard and Vaughn next year.

dawg

That stings, and should not be. The title is now unbelievably warped—tarnished when it does not appear/feel to be properly awarded. It is goofy. Does K-State really feel like the conference Champs—a one game playoff versus the entire season? TCU is not the Champ and K-State likely does not fully feel like the Champion. The Big XII awards a title and trophy but nobody feels like it is completely earned and TRUE. Not wholly satisfying, and it then harms the meaning of and purposeful drive for the goal when the next season begins.
Do the 9-7 New York Giants "fully feel like NFL champions" after beating the 17-0 Patriots? Would we have "fully felt like B12 champions" in 2017 had we defeated OU, who beat us during the regular season and finished ahead of us in the B12 standings?

They won, and we lost. Yes it stings not to have the conference championship trophy and not see "2022" alongside 2010 and 2014, but we have an opportunity to add a much better trophy and add "2022" to a much better part of the stadium.