• The KillerFrogs

Gameday Thread, Big 12 Championship Edition: #3 TCU vs Kansas State... again; Sponsored by Hell's Half Acre Stadium Goods

Frog DJ

I'm as crestfallen as any of you. I'm a 74-year old lifelong TCU fan/alum and I've been waiting for an opportunity like this since I can remember what a football was.

However, the Frogs were beaten repeatedly at the line of scrimmage (on both sides of the ball) all day long, and the plain and simple truth is that Kansas State simply outplayed them.

Of course there were critical mistakes made that would have drastically impacted the outcome of the game, but let's put on our big boy pants and admit our guys just didn't make the plays.

Some have made the point that in the grand scheme of things this loss might actually work in TCU's favor, and after talking myself in off the ledge for a couple of hours, I can see the wisdom in that.

The Frogs are still going to be in the CFP. The committee is notoriously corrupt and I don't trust them at all, but even those sleazy weasels will be hard pressed to justify pushing Alabama up to the 4-hole.

So, if conventional thinking holds true, and TCU still lands in 3rd or 4th place, this loss just might motivate them to a level of determination they would have otherwise lacked, and result in something spectacular.

Again - I'm hugely disappointed, but not crushed, and I hope the players feel the same way. On to the CFP!

Go Frogs!

If we're in you never post on this board again. If we're out I won't. Deal?
No, super [ profanity ] no deal. Not cheering for TCU to miss out so why would I bet on them to. Would love to be wrong and god willing I am and Frogs stay at 3 because 4 is a date with the woodshed. Merely stating the obvious that committee doesn’t respect TCU or Big12 so it would be likely Frogs sidelined for a Blue Blood program.

Horny4TCU

I'm as crestfallen as any of you. I'm a 74-year old lifelong TCU fan/alum and I've been waiting for an opportunity like this since I can remember what a football was.

However, the Frogs were beaten repeatedly at the line of scrimmage (on both sides of the ball) all day long, and the plain and simple truth is that Kansas State simply outplayed them.

Of course there were critical mistakes made that would have drastically impacted the outcome of the game, but let's put on our big boy pants and admit our guys just didn't make the plays.

Some have made the point that in the grand scheme of things this loss might actually work in TCU's favor, and after talking myself in off the ledge for a couple of hours, I can see the wisdom in that.

The Frogs are still going to be in the CFP. The committee is notoriously corrupt and I don't trust them at all, but even those sleazy weasels will be hard pressed to justify pushing Alabama up to the 4-hole.

So, if conventional thinking holds true, and TCU still lands in 3rd or 4th place, this loss just might motivate them to a level of determination they would have otherwise lacked, and result in something spectacular.

Again - I'm hugely disappointed, but not crushed, and I hope the players feel the same way. On to the CFP!

Go Frogs!
Summary. An L is an L, and it sucks to suck.

Now we are at their mercy.

East Coast

Tier 1
The ABC broadcast showed an overhead cam that showed the ball over the entire goal line with the nose of the ball touching green grass, not just barely grazing the front end of the goal line
Yes, and their replay expert said they made the wrong call multiple times. He was getting pretty agitated at the end. Never the less, Riley and Dykes obviously decided to put the game in Kendre and the OL's hands in OT. Dykes has already said he made the wrong decision.

LisaLT

Go Frogs!
I agree with you. Having this close of a loss could end up being a blessing in disguise if we are in the playoffs. I’m sure it’s a humbling moment for the team.

I still hold out hope we are in the three spot as it is hard to imagine why the committee would put Ohio State over us to have a rematch with Michigan. Just doesn’t make sense, but much of their decision making is questionable.

It would be a travesty for any of the 3 unbeaten teams get dropped even with a conference championship loss. Especially a hard fought OT loss.

Horny4TCU

Lsu Tigers Sport GIF by Southeastern Conference

LVH

The key in the first half was our attempted field goal on the second drive. It was a stretch and it cost us field position battle all half. They were able to go for it on 4th down often due to field position. Fans were strong, good atmosphere.
I felt like we were way too aggressive early with the deep shots and attempting to go for kill shots. That ended up stalling our momentum with the missed FG.

HornyWartyToad

After the season these guys have put on, it feels pretty awkward to try to call out any player or group. They all had a bad day. I will say the OL didn't seem to be able to either give Max a lot of protection, or to open many holes for the RBs. When you get two cracks from inside the 1 and can't push it in that's bad(although choosing to try to go Meat Grinder Left to Davis on consecutive plays is questionable play calling).

I will say the front 7 on defense seemed to be stout all day. IDK how many yards #22 got, I'm sure it was a lot, but damn he's hard to find. Otherwise thought they did great. Especially noticed Winters and Horton having big days. Kudos to them.