• The KillerFrogs

GAME THREAD: TCU vs ISU

CMcFrog

After yet another holding call, which was really inexplicable, we ripped that run to the three. I was listening in the car so right after that run, I myself ran in to Albertsons for some firewood. Grabbed some ice too, was in there for 10 minutes. When I got back to the car ISU was punting. I thought, great, we tied it up and are about to get the ball with under 10 minutes left..might even cover the spread. So I drive back home, unload everything, whistling, filling the ice chest, etc. I come back inside and ISU has the ball and we are down 14 to 7. Earlier, I had paused the game so I fast forward a bit and then I notice that there is only 3 minutes left! Honestly, I was shocked. Obviously we had somehow committed our second redzone turnover. That in itself was bad enough. I figured they goal line stood us or worst case we botched a handoff. Then I went back and saw the play call. I literally got sick to my stomach.
So, we're 7 and 1. I can live with that. But whatever is going on with the clock management and critical play calls needs to get fixed fast. We don't'need knee jerk extreme changes , but that [ Finebaum ] must get fixed. We'll be fine, but we should have won that game. All the tough luck and excessive penalties, we should have won it. Tough tough loss. Let's go beat Texas.

Last edited:

flyfishingfrog

Quick. Tell him how wrong he is.

For the B12 championship he is not wrong

For the CFP, he is 100% wrong and it will be known when Tuesday we are behind 1 loss tOSU, ND, Clemson, Penn St and potentially OU since they still have a better win than we do - plus undefeated Bama, Georgia, Wisky and Miami

#10 doesn't control you destiny this late in the season to a NC run

Mean Purple

I have not, nor will I, whup out the "Blame Kenny!" banner. I was happy to do so last season, but not today. This is not on him. He has done what he has been told this season, and today that was not terribly good advice. This was a total Offense failure, and the goat horns of blame are firmly affixed on Cumbie. He failed everyone today.
Yep. KH was forced into those situations because of the plays called.
Some are like, "it aint worth getting upset about".

Well, what sucks is this team had a shot to make a run at the national title. They are way better than I gave them credit for. I knew Kenny would be better, but the defense is super improved.

Unless we get really lucky and have some things happen, that shot is pretty much gone.

Cumbie did not put his kids in the position to win the game. People can scream "execution" all they want. But when the play scheme is really bad, the kids are put too far behind the line of success.

You could see how bad KH felt at the end. Didn't have to be that way.

Oh well, had we scored at the end, coaches would have just gone for 2...

Last edited:

FrogLifeYo

Still a lot of football to be played...We are clearly better than UT, TT, and Bay..OU is OU..We can beat them..Our offense needs to figure it out but how would you like to be one of those 4 staring down the barrel of our defense. Still like our chances of running the table.

LisaLT

May we have much better luck in the remaining weeks. Today was horrible, but I am going to go have a drink and watch the Dodgers and try and forget about this game. It doesn't help to dwell on this one bad game. Next week we are going to kick some longhorn ass.

Mean Purple

He's wrong.
So tired of these losses that did not have to happen.
The first year of the CFP, cost us a shot at the playoff.
Next year, cost us a shot at the Conf Championship.
This year, likely has cost us a shot at the CFP.

Just run the ball around the outside. That alone would help the line issues and penalties. Enough with trying to be cute in the red zone. 5 years of this.

Mean Purple

May we have much better luck in the remaining weeks. Today was horrible, but I am going to go have a drink and watch the Dodgers and try and forget about this game. It doesn't help to dwell on this one bad game. Next week we are going to kick some longhorn ass.
Stros!

Sorry, have to say the cheer while I can.

Mean Purple

OU defense is terrifying me right now. We should probably just start all the backups so our starters don’t all get hurt.
So, if Cumbie knocks off the nonsense and gets back to some real play calling (yes, I realize that is a lofty goal and was more likely the rare case when it happened earlier this year, but still..) and we somehow win out...but get left out of the playoffs because of today...