• The KillerFrogs

GAME THREAD: TCU vs ISU

flyfishingfrog

I’m not worried about that either. And who are those two teams????? Texas and who? Baylor? Tech? Oklahoma? Nope.
If you don't think OU can shut down our O after watching what WVU and ISU did with pressure and movement - then you probably should watch their D a little more

They are not great but they are athletic enough to execute on us if our play calling is as predictable as it was today and our O line struggles as much

Plus if we get that far we will face someone who could do it in the CCG

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Our bubble is pricked. We stand a good chance of choking against UT, given the fine gameplanning displayed today. On the road at OU? The way we played today? With the exploits ISU showed them? Loss. At Tech? At night? Loss.

Welcome to the Re-Built Alternator Bowl!

Mean Purple

If you don't think OU can shut down our O after watching what WVU and ISU did with pressure and movement - then you probably should watch their D a little more

They are not great but they are athletic enough to execute on us if our play calling is as predictable as it was today and our O line struggles as much
Don't bother. He seems ok with being middle of the road.

TK2000

Hill was terrible, but the penalties really killed us. After seeing Robinson vs Kansas, I don't think he would have done anything. The OL was terrible. Many times the OL was manhandled. The play calling was terrible, especially in the red zone. How many times did we get no yards on a run into the line? Only Turpin and Anderson played with any fire on offense. Where was Diarse? I am of the opinion that # 6 Gaines should play every down on defense. He makes things happen. He does not make stupid PI penalties.

Exactly, everything said here. And even as bad as Hill played we win that game by 10 if we only have 3 holding calls instead of 14

LisaLT

I don't get it. This is a team we should not have lost to. SOOOO many chances to win this @#$%^% game. 12-25 and 125 yard of passing ain't good, plus the million killer penalties, 3 TO's - it was a bad bad game. The bright spot was Turpin and the Defense.

From the very beginning, Hill seemed off his game. I think the crowd noise and environment may have rattled him, especially after his first TO. Even with the game well within our reach, it seemed we couldn't get out of our own way. I hate games like this. So close, yet so far. Oh well.

I had predicted an 8-4 year, so I guess we were due to drop a game sooner or later. ISU goes to Morgantown next week (then they play OSU at home), doubt they win both of those games. Still in it to win at this point.

Mean Purple

Plus if we get that far we will face someone who could do it in the CCG
what really sux is these kids had a chance to play for the cfp. Can't for the life of me figure whey they went to what they did for offensive calls down by the red zone. Running the ball and going for an FG would have given the Frogs a likely 9 more points. And that would have been enough to win.

Mean Purple

I don't get it. This is a team we should not have lost to. SOOOO many chances to win this @#$%^% game. 12-25 and 125 yard of passing ain't good, plus the million killer penalties, 3 TO's - it was a bad bad game. The bright spot was Turpin and the Defense.

From the very beginning, Hill seemed off his game. I think the crowd noise and environment may have rattled him, especially after his first TO. Even with the game well within our reach, it seemed we couldn't get out of our own way. I hate games like this. So close, yet so far. Oh well.

I had predicted an 8-4 year, so I guess we were due to drop a game sooner or later. ISU goes to Morgantown next week (then they play OSU at home), doubt they win both of those games. Still in it to win at this point.
I figured 10 wins, until I saw them play the past few weeks. They really were capable of going undefeated.

Moose Stuff

Aaah yes, the old standby of give up and name call. We aren’t disagreeing about football. I’m being optimistic, you’re being pessimistic. That’s it. If you want to worry about things like future losses and getting left out of the playoff that’s on you. I’m not gonna theow a tantrum because we lost one game.

Mean Purple

Our bubble is pricked. We stand a good chance of choking against UT, given the fine gameplanning displayed today. On the road at OU? The way we played today? With the exploits ISU showed them? Loss. At Tech? At night? Loss.

Welcome to the Re-Built Alternator Bowl!
Ouch, but harsh reality.

Look, I get that KH had problems throwing down field today. Then have him throw short and run the ball more...or hand it off.

Mean Purple

Aaah yes, the old standby of give up and name call. We aren’t disagreeing about football. I’m being optimistic, you’re being pessimistic. That’s it. If you want to worry about things like future losses and getting left out of the playoff that’s on you. I’m not gonna theow a tantrum because we lost one game.
aaaah, yes, the old toss a barb at someone and then not handle it when they throw one back at ya.

The whole point of folks frustrated with today's game is it did not have to be one loss. There were things that worked, and coaches went away from it way to easily. And it has been the theme of this offensive staff for a number of years, and will likely continue. Meaning there could be more losses, that should have been wins.

Moose Stuff

aaaah, yes, the old toss a barb at someone and then not handle it when they throw one back at ya.

The whole point of folks frustrated with today's game is it did not have to be one loss. There were things that worked, and coaches went away from it way to easily. And it has been the theme of this offensive staff for a number of years, and will likely continue. Meaning there could be more losses, that should have been wins.

You threw the first barb FWIW. Call me anything you want. I can’t fathom being bothered by that. And it’s cute that you thought “stick to sewing, Nancy” was a barb.

LisaLT

I figured 10 wins, until I saw them play the past few weeks. They really were capable of going undefeated.
I was really hoping for an undefeated season too. That's the rub about winning. The more you win, the more you expect to win. Today everything that could go wrong on offense went wrong. It was the perfect storm. It's a gut punch.

Penn State had their gut punch too today after leading by 18 points to lose to tOSU by ONE point. The ups and downs of college football.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Ouch, but harsh reality.

Look, I get that KH had problems throwing down field today. Then have him throw short and run the ball more...or hand it off.

I have not, nor will I, whup out the "Blame Kenny!" banner. I was happy to do so last season, but not today. This is not on him. He has done what he has been told this season, and today that was not terribly good advice. This was a total Offense failure, and the goat horns of blame are firmly affixed on Cumbie. He failed everyone today.