• The KillerFrogs

Game Thread: Frogs v Bears Men’s Hoops

MTfrog5

I was going to add, even after this, we are 3-5 in league play with all road losses. Tech just got mauled, it happens. That said, gotta figure it out fast. Energy isnt there.
We are getting a lot of the hard road games in the first 10 games which hopefully means we have it figured out when those teams come to Fort Worth. The Baylor win is also looking good now too

tetonfrog

We played with zero energy last night. That is the worst we have looked all year. Felt like we had some guys quit. Hate saying that, but we've got to have more heart than that. TCU fell behind late int he first half and kinda rolled over. First time I have seen that in the JD era.

Only positive is that - outside of Ames - the toughest road games are past.

Salfrog

Tier 1
With a couple of extra scholarships, is there a chance we find help for next year during the spring signing period or have all of the good players already been picked up? There does seem to be more going on behind the scenes that what has been reported here. 4 players don't just up & transfer out of the blue for no reason. Fisher, I get the disappointment & frustration, but still.

Francis Xav

With a couple of extra scholarships, is there a chance we find help for next year during the spring signing period or have all of the good players already been picked up? There does seem to be more going on behind the scenes that what has been reported here. 4 players don't just up & transfer out of the blue for no reason. Fisher, I get the disappointment & frustration, but still.
Fisher was pushed out from what I am hearing. Makes me wonder about Yuat and Archie.

jake102

Shouldn’t have relied on the hope that Fisher would be healthy this season. Needed a solid Plan B.

And desperately need 3pt shooters. With the offense we run it’s painfully obvious that teams are effectively playing us 5 v 4, leaving Miller wide open at the 3pt line and praying he shoots. Then the lanes are clogged for ARob and they are playing Bane tight man on man.

Eight

Shouldn’t have relied on the hope that Fisher would be healthy this season. Needed a solid Plan B.

And desperately need 3pt shooters. With the offense we run it’s painfully obvious that teams are effectively playing us 5 v 4, leaving Miller wide open at the 3pt line and praying he shoots. Then the lanes are clogged for ARob and they are playing Bane tight man on man.

frogs need an athletic big who is willing to rebound, bang some people on picks, and block a few shots.

roster has a number of guys who want to play on the perimeter with three more on the way. you have two bigs on the roster in samuel and barlow and frogs have gotten to get tougher and more athletic

TRF51

frogs need an athletic big who is willing to rebound, bang some people on picks, and block a few shots.

roster has a number of guys who want to play on the perimeter with three more on the way. you have two bigs on the roster in samuel and barlow and frogs have gotten to get tougher and more athletic

I agree we need a more fluid big who can shoot from the outside, I thought we had that in Angus. Barlow does not look like he can play at this level, I understand why coach was going to redshirt him. I hope he improves.

Eight

I agree we need a more fluid big who can shoot from the outside, I thought we had that in Angus. Barlow does not look like he can play at this level, I understand why coach was going to redshirt him. I hope he improves.

range is nice and i would love a guy who can hit a shot from the free throw line or just in on that pick, but i want a big who is going to be a physical presence on screens and rebounding and block shots.

lat i think will develop, but he has the look of what was once called the euro style of play. bigs who would much rather shoot from the perimeter than from the block.

i want a big like you see at michigan state who brings some interior toughness to the team.