• The KillerFrogs

***Game thread: Frogs at OU***

Purp

The interesting thing is the teams we haven’t seen yet (TTU, WVU, OKSt) struggle from deep. So maybe we’ll actually be a little better defensively down the stretch.
I'd think you're on to something if we hadn't watched a terrible 3 point shooting team in Austin light us up.

Pharm Frog

I'd think you're on to something if we hadn't watched a terrible 3 point shooting team in Austin light us up.

In fairness, they only shot 33% which is just slightly better than their average (30%). On the other hand, their best 3-point shooter (46%) did not play.

Purp

In fairness, they only shot 33% which is just slightly better than their average (30%). On the other hand, their best 3-point shooter (46%) did not play.
True. The law of averages caught up with them in the 2nd half. IIRC they were over 50% in the 1st half. It was depressing to watch them drain so many 3s with confidence knowing how awful they are at shooting from distance.

4th. down

1. Basketball IQ (understanding situations)
2. Lack of desire on D (we play hard on D, but only sometimes).
3. Help Defense is almost nonexistent at times (help & recover) I’m sure Jamie will get them going. Although Vlad is still pretty bad in help D.
4. Transition D is improving

A good assessment. Bottom line, it's not a talent problem for us, it's thinking on your feet and effort. As GP would attest to, defense is mostly attitude and effort. Our present situation is a coaching problem that JD is going to have to correct. With just a little luck, we could be undefeated. We have the players as all 5 starters are shooters.

arlington

I Love this team! They play so hard and they are extremely competitive and resilient they will figure out how to close its a very tough conference. What a great time to be a FROG a 15 page thread on basketball? Awesome!

Latest posts