• The KillerFrogs

***Game thread: Frogs at OU***

Pharm Frog

No [ steaming pile of Orgeron ]

Everyone is forgetting about Baylor in 2014 who started 1-8 and still made the tourney as a 6 seed.

Our schedule is frontloaded. We haven't played any of the bottom yet. Kansas State, Oklahoma State and Iowa State are bad this year and those should be wins. Not to mention home games vs. winnable teams like Texas and Baylor and home games vs. Top 25 teams WVU and Texas Tech that would be big resume boosters.

I never thought this team would be good enough for a Top 5 seed, I always had us pegged in the 6-9 seed range, and I am sticking to it. 9 Big 12 wins will be enough to get a 6-9 seed.

Home wins vs. Baylor, Texas, Iowa State, Kansas State, Oklahoma State puts us at 6.

Splitting home games vs. WVU and Texas Tech puts us at 7.

Just need to steal a road game at Iowa State, Kansas State, Oklahoma State to get 8. 8 wins makes us a tourney lock for all you negative nancies thinking we are NIT bound already.

OSU, KSU, and ISU aren't "bad". Each one fully capable of beating us and virtually everyone else in the conference. They aren't "as good" but they aren't bad.

Chongo94

Also, Tech's star player, Zach Smith, is apparently on the bench and in a cast on his right foot. Depending on how long that injury lasts, that's a big loss for them, which affects the conference going forward.

ACroofrog

No [ steaming pile of Orgeron ]

Everyone is forgetting about Baylor in 2014 who started 1-8 and still made the tourney as a 6 seed.

Our schedule is frontloaded. We haven't played any of the bottom yet. Kansas State, Oklahoma State and Iowa State are bad this year and those should be wins. Not to mention home games vs. winnable teams like Texas and Baylor and home games vs. Top 25 teams WVU and Texas Tech that would be big resume boosters.

I never thought this team would be good enough for a Top 5 seed, I always had us pegged in the 6-9 seed range, and I am sticking to it. 9 Big 12 wins will be enough to get a 6-9 seed.

Home wins vs. Baylor, Texas, Iowa State, Kansas State, Oklahoma State puts us at 6.

Splitting home games vs. WVU and Texas Tech puts us at 7.

Just need to steal a road game at Iowa State, Kansas State, Oklahoma State to get 8. 8 wins makes us a tourney lock for all you negative nancies thinking we are NIT bound already.

This is wrong have you watched ok state, Kansas state, and Iowa state??? None of them are “bad” are they our best shots for wins you bet but we have to stop acting like our schedule gets easy we still haven’t played the # 2 and #8 teams in the country yet in WV and TTech

Dogfrog

TCU by far the better team but when they have the best player in the country that can shoot like he does, makes everyone else get some good looks

Disagree. We are getting out hustled and out executed by teams deep in athletes. The disappointment is we are not near our potential. OU the better team right now and we play in an unbelievably talented league and even the refs don’t respect us yet.

tetonfrog

Where are the adjustments Dixon? We have done the same thing every game since league play started. We play small ball & stay in man to man when our perimeter defenders can’t stay with their man. How about a new scheme or lineup? It reminds me of the Trent Johnson strategy of doing the same thing over & over even when it doesn’t work.

Froggy Style

Where are the adjustments Dixon? We have done the same thing every game since league play started. We play small ball & stay in man to man when our perimeter defenders can’t stay with their man. How about a new scheme or lineup? It reminds me of the Trent Johnson strategy of doing the same thing over & over even when it doesn’t work.
I thought he made a great adjustment near the end putting KW on Young. That move really could have won the game, but then he switched back to AR up 85-82 and game over.

JD MUST stop shooting threes. Power forward taking shots from four or five great shooters. He paid for it by sitting on the bench, but why is it not made clear in practice?

Pharm Frog

I'd be interested in learning what options we have because I don't see any good ones. We get beat on man and switches. We get shot over in the zone or beat weak side. We play "help" defense that frees up the 3-point line. I suppose we could go to a full court 2-2-1 or 2-1-2 but I sincerely doubt our front court defense will be able to hold up under that...we'd have to hope for early turnovers. Haven't seen much from our bench that would suggest there's a defensive stopper in the group but maybe there is. I tend to believe we're in what we're most capable of doing and just need to do it better.

tcumaniac

Great game from Jaylen. Glad to see him finally have a complete game.

Kenrich is the life and soul of our team, but him going 0-4 from 3 really hurt.

JD Miller shooting 5 3-pointers is unacceptable.

I like Noi starting over him.

Bane’s lack of minutes from being hurt made a big impact.

I’m still sick that ARob got stupidly blocked twice during extremely crucial possessions. Stupid basketball. Stop trying to be a hero Alex. Drive and dish.

ACroofrog

He is searching big time on the defensive end today we showed a 1-2-2 half court zone for the first time this season but it got eaten up. We tried our normal 2-3 and 1-3-1 morph to a 2-3 also but OU shot there way out of them. Unfortunately we just are a poor defensive team on the interior which effects everything because perimeter defenders aren’t comfortable pressing on the top as much because they worry about the help on the interior of they get beat. That’s what Dixon was referring to with his be better teammates on defense comment

y2kFrog

We play small ball because we have no big guys.