• The KillerFrogs

Game Day Experience

bronco

Did not get a chance to go thru Frog Alley but it looks like it was a little bigger area than last week. I don't know if they had a band playing like they had in the past.

I was a little surprised to see that Cal had there big alumni event set up where Frog Alley used to be. I sure hope they didn't move Frog Alley to accommodate visitors alumni events.

YA

I’m there to watch football. I couldn’t tell you a single song they played during the game because I don’t care.
giphy.gif

mwe2187

Randomly ranting in this thread rather than creating a whole new thread.

Good lord our West Side is just absolutely an embarrassment and it's sad that our players have that right behind them. I've sat on the West Side since the renovation and it really sucks that we have two giant club sections that do nothing but provide a comfortable chair for people to sit and do everything but get into the game and be loud.

Saturday was a big game, despite Cal not being a great P12 team - and the energy from our crowd on the west side club was abysmal to say the least. Watching the club sections, it took getting to the 4th quarter and 3 minutes left to get anything out of that worthless group. They bring in big $ so nothing will happen - but it sucks that sections so close to the field bring so little to our crowd and energy. The players were doing everything they could to get people into the game.

There's less fans there due to the size of the rows, fans that care less about getting into the game, and a group that just diminishes our atmosphere

/rant

StealthFrog

Good lord our West Side is just absolutely an embarrassment and it's sad that our players have that right behind them. I've sat on the West Side since the renovation and it really sucks that we have two giant club sections that do nothing but provide a comfortable chair for people to sit and do everything but get into the game and be loud.

Saturday was a big game, despite Cal not being a great P12 team - and the energy from our crowd on the west side club was abysmal to say the least. Watching the club sections, it took getting to the 4th quarter and 3 minutes left to get anything out of that worthless group. They bring in big $ so nothing will happen - but it sucks that sections so close to the field bring so little to our crowd and energy. The players were doing everything they could to get people into the game.

There's less fans there due to the size of the rows, fans that care less about getting into the game, and a group that just diminishes our atmosphere

/rant
um, did you see the upper deck on the east side? less occupied than west side by a good margin

mwe2187

um, did you see the upper deck on the east side? less occupied than west side by a good margin

The student section at least was mostly full ... 80% or more in the second half. These are the seats closest to the field, and thought our students did a great job. The upper east side, understandably, was empty - but those at the game appeared into the game.

The west side club seats might as well have stayed at home and watched the game, they'd have the same effect.

Pharm Frog

The student section at least was mostly full ... 80% or more in the second half. These are the seats closest to the field, and thought our students did a great job. The upper east side, understandably, was empty - but those at the game appeared into the game.

The west side club seats might as well have stayed at home and watched the game, they'd have the same effect.

When they showed it (and sometimes they did while the game was going on), the student section looked impressive to me on TV.

MAcFroggy

Anybody else frustrated that we we never get the “go” “frogs” chant going aside from the team entrance. I remember doing that constantly, but ever since the experience revamp it has been more or less taken out of the game day experience?

StealthFrog

club was fuller than the east side upper deck by a significant margin. It wasn't even close.

Curious, what section on the west side were you in?

Paul in uhh

I don’t blame anyone for not sitting on metal bleachers for 3.5 hours straight in direct sun on a 95 degree day. The west side doesn’t have that excuse after about 3pm.

Also the top 5-6 rows in the shade were pretty much SRO from my vantage point, especially in the second half.

StealthFrog

314 - perfect view of how bad our club fans are
so you saw how much more occupied the club level was than every section of the stadium outside of the student section? i'm failing to see what the complaint is about a section that showed up when others didn't. They didn't cheer as loud as the student section?

NewFrogFan

/rant

In addition, there is a significant number of them that also own more seats in 103, 104, 105, 106 and sell them on SH every single week. Those sections should be full of purple, I dont think it will ever happen in current format.

I wonder if Gary has considered moving his team over to the hot side for the energy of the student section. Everyone believes, including Gary, that home field advantage is the energy from your cheering fans and the student section provides that. At the stadium TCU players are detached from their fellow students and have no connection to the passive country club crowd they have to look at everytime they come off the field. As a player you are playing for your team and then your fellow students that you share a life with. Shouldn’t the Frog’s record be better at home. As is maybe the student section is providing energy to the opponent.

As a coach maybe you like the quiet of the country club side for communication reasons, but maybe the loss of student energy more than negates the pluses of quiet and shade.

Last edited:

Shorty

I don’t blame anyone for not sitting on metal bleachers for 3.5 hours straight in direct sun on a 95 degree day. The west side doesn’t have that excuse after about 3pm.

Also the top 5-6 rows in the shade were pretty much SRO from my vantage point, especially in the second half.
I moved to the 3rd row from the top on the east side this year. I would pay twice the price for that shade.

HG73

I was at the game, also Duquesne, season ticket holder since the 70s.

Game day experience is just fine. Biggest problem is dead time: commercials etc. Replay is a huge problem, takes way too long and it normally comes at a crucial time after a big play. The commercials normally come at a normal break in the action, like a score, turnover, punt etc.

Music isn't needed unless it is the band. The various kiss cams, helmet switches, t-shirt guns ad nauseam aren't needed. Instead show the band and the showgirls and maybe introduce a championship team in another sport or a local good samaritan/hero. The game is the feature as it should be.

Limit replay to 30 seconds max.

Latest posts