• The KillerFrogs

Game 3: No. 16 TCU vs. No. 1 Vanderbilt

Eight

i never played baseball beyond the neighborhood nor played mlb on play station so i am completely flying by the seat of my pants, but i have this strange feeling baseball rankings the first few week of the season are as about as relevant and accurate as their counterparts in college football and basketball.

CardFrog

i never played baseball beyond the neighborhood nor played mlb on play station so i am completely flying by the seat of my pants, but i have this strange feeling baseball rankings the first few week of the season are as about as relevant and accurate as their counterparts in college football and basketball.
Agree but what if we took down Alabama in football before we got into our Big 12 schedules. Rankings early on have to mean something especially in the top 5. At least I hope. If this team can stay injury free I would expect them to be back in post season.

PO Frog

Agree but what if we took down Alabama in football before we got into our Big 12 schedules. Rankings early on have to mean something especially in the top 5. At least I hope. If this team can stay injury free I would expect them to be back in post season.
Baseball isn’t football and one game against their third starter in his first ever start in college is not taking down Bama.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Eh. The Rankings are as they are based on what the writers consider the best teams to be, not on silly things like actual records or performance. Actual performance begins to affect the rankings in about a month.

What is important, is that this Frog team went to a tough Tournament, played some good teams, and kicked ass. There's nothing like confidence, and though the gaudy batting stats from the weekend probably won't hold up (oh, but if they would!), the belief in each player that he can do it is important and powerful.

"Great shot, kid! Don't get cocky!"

TCUdirtbag

Reasonable minds can disagree on whether rankings should reflect “based on your current wins/losses” or “perception of how good you are right now” or “perception of who will be the best at the end of June”

All that matters are the Frogs are 2-1 with a high quality W. Go win 4 at home to get another 2.8 RPI wins. Then go to Houston and take the chance to make a statement. Keep getting better. Win and the feather-in-the-cap rankings will follow.

Eight

Don't disagree at all, but a #1 ranking "has" to mean something.

it does, but in baseball one game during the course of the regular season shouldn't make your season if your ultimate goal is getting to omaha. now, one game to go in your bracket is a different matter.

big win, enjoyable game and weekend, still a great deal of work to go especially in 2 and 3 weeks from now to get ready for conference play. frogs stay healthy, build off this weekend, the rankings will take care of themselves.

CardFrog

it does, but in baseball one game during the course of the regular season shouldn't make your season if your ultimate goal is getting to omaha. now, one game to go in your bracket is a different matter.

big win, enjoyable game and weekend, still a great deal of work to go especially in 2 and 3 weeks from now to get ready for conference play. frogs stay healthy, build off this weekend, the rankings will take care of themselves.
Makes sense, it will be fun to see them back in Lupton. Just not in a driving rain storm.