• The KillerFrogs

Game 1: What do you hope to see from SR

FrogLifeYo

Game 1 is upon us...What are you looking for from SR?:.What little thing is he going to do that will cause you to declare us national champs or missing a bowl game?

Obviously we are going to win big but historically we have not always changed QBs well. Most recently Boykin and Kenny both had difficulty in their inaugural first seasons as Starters. Of course neither of those guys was as polished as SR..

I have a feeling we are going to see a very small playbook so I’m really looking for efficiency and command of the offense. I want to see him take leadership of the guys on the field and be a good decision maker. No gunslinger [ Finebaum ] with high turnover factor.

Thoughts

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
What Moose said. In addition, I hope to see good decision making, ability to make something positive out of a busted play, and the command of the huddle that TB2 used to display.

He's had a year and two off-seasons to practice and play in this offense, and now they have likely tweaked it to showcase his strengths. We also have a monster set of running backs to take a lot of the load off his shoulders.

MinFrog

Completions on second and third reads.

If SR can be accurate and get through reads then he will be a very good QB. He can obviously run well, but I can remember TB making one read then taking off. It was when he was able to get to a second and third read that he became a great QB. So if SR can work through a progression and make accurate throws, then we are money.

I recently rewatched the Tech game last year and SR often would throw the deep ball without looking at any other routes. But when he did throw it less than 20 yards he looked really good. He needs to do more of that.

MacarthurTexas

Completions on second and third reads.

If SR can be accurate and get through reads then he will be a very good QB. He can obviously run well, but I can remember TB making one read then taking off. It was when he was able to get to a second and third read that he became a great QB. So if SR can work through a progression and make accurate throws, then we are money.

I recently rewatched the Tech game last year and SR often would throw the deep ball without looking at any other routes. But when he did throw it less than 20 yards he looked really good. He needs to do more of that.

This is good.

Accuracy is often overlooked w QBs. Everybody loves to talk about sexy topics like arm strength and scrambling ability, but the ability to deliver the ball on time and accurate is by far, IMO, the most important attribute for a QB.