• The KillerFrogs

Gabe Ikard OU Radio on TCU game

PO Frog

I’m shocked at the defense of Reagor’s lack of effort, as if it’s okay since he is misused. I hit 5th a lot in college but should have hit third or fourth in the order. Since LB was misusing my talents, I didn’t run out many balls. Defensible?

Bruce Berry

*** Grinch spoke on TCU freshman QB Max Duggan, as well. Grinch thinks that Duggan is a "tough, tough player" that can beat you with his feet and arm. Grinch went onto say that Duggan is going to be a star in the Big 12 as he matures and progresses. The defense is seeing another elusive, strong QB for the fourth week in a row so the Sooners should be prepared, but Grinch said it's up to them to do it on the field.

crash813

You've got to have a hole, he does it plenty when there's room. Guy isn't as soft as everyone acts, he has carried people into the end zone multiple times for touchdowns.

I don't think people think he's soft, he has poor vision, think's he's the lightning instead of the thunder, runs way too tall, and tries to bounce outside way too often. He generally pushes people when he hits the second level and safeties try and tackle too high. Just like Reagor, is it lack of coaching or lack of coachability, we don't know....but we saw how he ran like a beast in the Cheez-IT bowl but never see it in the redzone.

Froggish

For all of you constantly criticizing Reagor's route running. Are you watching him and him alone on every single play that he's on the field? Do you know what plays are being called, what checks are being made pre snap, and what reads are supposed to be made post snap? Are you watching various other wide receivers around the country to compare all of these things he does to all of the things they do?

I'm not even saying that you're wrong about some of the things that you're saying but unless you're doing ALL of those things for every game then you really can't grade his route running in comparison to other college wide receivers.

The spread offense in general is pretty infamous for producing WR's who don't run good routes. So that's another factor is how these guys are being taught to run routes, which none of us actually know.

Does he give 100% effort on every play? We can all watch the game and see that's not the case but he's also our best player on offense and I'd love to have 2 or 3 more of him at WR.

I don’t think there is any doubt he is sulking out there and it effecting his effort level. I would also say that we have one of the most juvenile route tree’s I’ve ever seen so it’s probably somewhat disheartening to play in it.

Froggish

I’m shocked at the defense of Reagor’s lack of effort, as if it’s okay since he is misused. I hit 5th a lot in college but should have hit third or fourth in the order. Since LB was misusing my talents, I didn’t run out many balls. Defensible?

There is no excuse for lack of effort in any area of life. Certainly not by a kid who is being given the opportunity of a lifetime to play a game. Having said that, it also clear this offense isn’t helping him be put in a lot successful positions. Both can be true...One isn’t defense of the other.

OmniscienceFrog

Agree. IMO the issue is that Darius is a patient runner and is waiting for a hole to develop. With our offensive line, that never happens. With Sewo he just barrels forward immediately and hits the hole and carries a few defenders with him for a few extra yards.
In my opinion Sewo does the exact opposite of what you describe him doing there. I wish he did just barrel forward and go, but he dances at the line and winds up going east and west more than north and south. To me Anderson is the much harder runner of the two.