• The KillerFrogs

FWST: Why Jamie Dixon is busting with optimism after ‘healthy’ TCU holds off Texas

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Why Jamie Dixon is busting with optimism after ‘healthy’ TCU holds off Texas

By Stefan Stevenson

TCU men’s basketball coach Jamie Dixon caught himself.

He called his team a “work in progress” after the Horned Frogs held off Texas 65-61 Wednesday night at Schollmaier Arena.

Typically, a coach wouldn’t want to describe his team as such in the middle of its Big 12 Conference schedule and 18 games into the season. But that wasn’t stopping Dixon, who was energized by the win over the Longhorns that relied as much on the Horned Frogs’ defense and rebounding as it did on its league-leading offense.

“We’ve had so many changes, so many different things but where we’re at is pretty good,” said Dixon, whose team was sitting at No. 18 in the realtimerpi.com rankings.

Read more here: https://www.star-telegram.com/sport...niversity/article224958900.html#storylink=cpy

LeagueCityFrog

Winning against the Longhorns last night was TCU's first win over UT in a big 3 male sport in a while. Go back and look, but I think we beat UT once in basketball maybe at home last season, then Del Conte bolted for Austin, we proceeded to lose the next basketball game, got swept by them in baseball, then lost that awful football game to them. Hopefully this is the beginning of a new winning steak for TCU against the fighting Del Contes...

Go Frogs!

MTfrog5

Winning against the Longhorns last night was TCU's first win over UT in a big 3 male sport in a while. Go back and look, but I think we beat UT once in basketball maybe at home last season, then Del Conte bolted for Austin, we proceeded to lose the next basketball game, got swept by them in baseball, then lost that awful football game to them. Hopefully this is the beginning of a new winning steak for TCU against the fighting Del Contes...

Go Frogs!
Think they said on TV this was TCU’s 4th straight win in Fort Worth in basketball

LeagueCityFrog

Think they said on TV this was TCU’s 4th straight win in Fort Worth in basketball

Of course you make me go look it up. We lost to UT in basketball on January 10th, 2018 in double overtime 99-98. I think it was that game where UT was honoring their bball player that got cancer.

Farmfrog

You know if you’re really good then a four game streak isn’t out of the ordinary. Now if it was against Kansas it would really be something.

TCUdirtbag

Go Frogs!

Lol wut?
Define “a while”?

HToady

Aside from whatever our record is against UT in all sports, what I saw last night was a win over a mediocre Texas team, where we had them with some really good play but let them get close with some really sloppy play.

Maybe CJD is trying to inject some positivity, but what I saw wasn't all that good.

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
Jeez o pete mang.

We had one guy playing his second college game, another who's seen about 5, another who had never started until now, and a true FR running about half the ball handling for the most part.

Not only did we beat a halfway decent B12 team but we are 18th in RPI and have every opportunity to finish with an at-or-above .500 conference record. I swear some of y'all would doom and gloom if we had Zion.

Obviously I was not present for any one on one interview of CJD by Stefan but I did see his post game remarks and I don’t think “busting with optimism” is quite fair. I thought Jamie was cautiously optimistic at best. He simply said he thinks the team is headed in the right direction, has work to do and reminded people he has essentially added two new player to the mix in the last couple of weeks in Mayen and Barlow. What he left unsaid is he also lost a damn good one in Fisher. I thought his assesssment was realistic.

Rose Bowl

Now that most have deemed the team isn’t any good maybe someone should tell Jamie the season is over. I’m with satis in believing this team is still pretty solid. If you look at most of the metrics the team is top 35 and has room to get better.

When someone is negative on a football thread the poster is harangued, told he’s dumb or a troll. Now some of the very ones who call out people are the ones saying the hoops team is just not any good. Let the season play out before we lay it to rest.

Farmfrog

Now that most have deemed the team isn’t any good maybe someone should tell Jamie the season is over. I’m with satis in believing this team is still pretty solid. If you look at most of the metrics the team is top 35 and has room to get better.

When someone is negative on a football thread the poster is harangued, told he’s dumb or a troll. Now some of the very ones who call out people are the ones saying the hoops team is just not any good. Let the season play out before we lay it to rest.

That’s a very good rant. Tell us what you really think Rose. I think that way too sometimes if I’m being honest.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
What we have is a mid-season reboot with RJ, Lat and Barlow coming online and getting comfortable in the mix. Still a solid group especially with the starting core.

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
Obviously I was not present for any one on one interview of CJD by Stefan but I did see his post game remarks and I don’t think “busting with optimism” is quite fair. I thought Jamie was cautiously optimistic at best. He simply said he thinks the team is headed in the right direction, has work to do and reminded people he has essentially added two new player to the mix in the last couple of weeks in Mayen and Barlow. What he left unsaid is he also lost a damn good one in Fisher. I thought his assesssment was realistic.
I hate that we lost Fish. Makes me sad, like that kid.

But I really replied to let you know I misread CJD as CID and was wondering what the Tarrant County courts had to do with anything haha.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
I hate that we lost Fish. Makes me sad, like that kid.

But I really replied to let you know I misread CJD as CID and was wondering what the Tarrant County courts had to do with anything haha.
Hard to miss what you rarely or seldom had. I think he missed more games than he played while here.

Ron Swanson

We are a pretty good team but not a great team. We are about where we should be in the program building process all things considered.

This isn’t the year we win a Big 12 or National Championship, we just need to pile up as many wins as we can (no matter how ugly), keep fan interest as high as possible, and build the program towards future years by recruiting at a higher and higher level. Just make the NCAA Tournament and hope we win one this time.

This is a long game, it’s not about 2019.