• The KillerFrogs

FWST: Why having former QB Kenny Hill on the coaching staff is ‘huge’ for TCU this season

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Why having former QB Kenny Hill on the coaching staff is ‘huge’ for TCU this season

BY DREW DAVISON
ddavison@star-telegram.com

Former TCU quarterback Kenny Hill is back on campus to finish his degree and will serve as a student coach with the football team.

That’s significant for a program that is going into the season with an inexperienced quarterback, regardless if it’s Shawn Robinson or Michael Collins.

“It’s huge,” co-offensive coordinator Sonny Cumbie said during the school’s media day on Thursday.

Read more at https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/college/big-12/texas-christian-university/article216051720.html

Frog DJ

I'm sorry his professional career as a player hasn't worked out so far, but his mentorship for TCU players will be invaluable.

Rededication, redemption and determination are not only good storylines, but they're also good examples for young men to emulate.

I'm extremely glad Kenny Hill is still involved with TCU's football program!

Go Frogs!

Wexahu

Kenny Hill playing American Gladiators with Shawn Robinson.

Two of our most irreplaceable players are colliding 4 feet off the ground apparently celebrating something great that happened in 2 a days. I guess you gotta let em do that stuff or you’ll be considered an out of touch Neanderthal, but I don’t get it. It’s like begging for an injury.

Chico Dusty

Two of our most irreplaceable players are colliding 4 feet off the ground apparently celebrating something great that happened in 2 a days. I guess you gotta let em do that stuff or you’ll be considered an out of touch Neanderthal, but I don’t get it. It’s like begging for an injury.

Not really. Players do this at all levels many times a game, etc. and I can think of only one player (Gramatica) that has hurt his knee celebrating by jumping in the air.

JugbandFrog

Ummmm...anyone else confused by rhat big,’purple, um coaching tool?

“If you can dodge a giant purple pecker, you can dodge an OU lineman!”

JugbandFrog

I’m more worried about sprinkler heads...

DeuceBoogieNights

If you don't let them have fun and celebrate then what's the point in playing a game? They are just jumping. Should they only be allowed to jump during a real game? What about walking? Should we push them around in wheelchairs unless they are playing so they dont step off a curb and twist their ankle? Should we allow them to drive? What are your thoughts? How does Urban handle these things?

Wexahu

If you don't let them have fun and celebrate then what's the point in playing a game? They are just jumping. Should they only be allowed to jump during a real game? What about walking? Should we push them around in wheelchairs unless they are playing so they dont step off a curb and twist their ankle? Should we allow them to drive? What are your thoughts? How does Urban handle these things?

i don't know, to win maybe? I know I'm making way more of this than I probably should, but to your point, why are the QBs always wearing red jerseys in practice?