• The KillerFrogs

FWST: What's that they're building now at TCU?

froginmn

Why would you think any different? Do you want TCU to be UTA or Sam Houston State? Which of the nations best schools aim to cater to the average, the mid income, the less than best?
Paul Harvey:
Why should anyone aspire to be a common man, an average man? Do you realize what it means to be average? That means you’re the best of the lousiest and the lousiest of the best. Now if we demand more and more for producing less and less, while the have-not nations encourage and inspire, and indeed require hard work and maximum effort – if we deify the common men while they encourage and reward the uncommon ones – Well, the end result of such a lopsided race as that is too obvious to require elaboration.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
Yah they should probably leave it the way it is. No one cares about replays or the ability to see them.

Not that it matters, but Notre Dame doesn’t have a video board, unless the recent upgrade added one. Saw them play a few years ago and it really didn’t affect rooting against them or following the game at all!

No really, it can be done!

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
Yah? Oh, you are German.

Ja, Notre Dame hat nur einen im Jahr 2017 hinzugefügt. Wir sollten jetzt einen bekommen, der das gesamte Stadion wie Atlanta umgibt.

Wonder if the design will be similar to other Hyatt Place hotels or will it be customized to enhance and embellish a distinctive TCU characteristic? Seems like a unique opportunity to make a statement and create something special.

TCUdirtbag

I wouldn’t call Hyatt place anything but a 2/3 star at most type of property. I mean it averages $120 a night which is right in the star range of these type of limited service hotels.
https://fortworthcityview.place.hyatt.com/en/hotel/home.html

TCU can and should do better.

Agree. Terrible news if they're co-branding TCU and a freaking Hyatt Place. At least get a Hyatt Regency type level. The tidbit about the branding comes from the TCU360 article and is attributed to the board chair: https://www.tcu360.com/2018/04/provosts-retirement-hotel-lease-parking-highlight-trustees-meeting/

The contents of my post are typed in a normal configuration.....the weird separation of lines only occurs after

it has been posted. I have no clue

why

this is happening.

netty2424

Not that it matters, but Notre Dame doesn’t have a video board, unless the recent upgrade added one. Saw them play a few years ago and it really didn’t affect rooting against them or following the game at all!

No really, it can be done!
So ND 1, rest of college football, none?

Ron Swanson

The contents of my post are typed in a normal configuration.....the weird separation of lines only occurs after

it has been posted. I have no clue why this is happening.

skeptical-hippo-is-skeptical-22216901.png

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
Ahhh so there is value in a good vijea board! For a minute I thought you were saying the game is better without them.

Nope, never said football is better without them, but the reason for going to game in person is so you don’t have to watch it on tv. Value to whom. I assume they put it in as an amenity. Notre Dame, as much as I hate Aggie north, got along fine without any for over 100 years.

Would you stop attending if there were no “vijea” boards? It kind of sounds like it is the most important part of the experience for you.

netty2424

Nope, never said football is better without them, but the reason for going to game in person is so you don’t have to watch it on tv. Value to whom. I assume they put it in as an amenity. Notre Dame, as much as I hate Aggie north, got along fine without any for over 100 years.

Would you stop attending if there were no “vijea” boards? It kind of sounds like it is the most important part of the experience for you.
It's not even in the top 10, 20, maybe 30 reasons I attend games. But I do value replays of big hits, TD's, penalties, reviews, etc. anything that would be put up on any screen in any stadium across the country. There was a thread about AGCS improvements, video board was one of the topics and I voiced my opinion on the topic, but somehow it got turned into an over exaggerated issue, which you've referenced several times over a long period of time. It's not really a huge deal, just stating if we're throwing money at improvements, that would be one I'd vote for.

And to your point about ND not having one until now, From my vantage point, we really don't have one either. As I mentioned in a previous post, I sit below the upper deck in the north west corner. I can't see but a small portion of it, not enough to really see anything actually. The south east board is simply worthless from the opposite end.

If I'm voting on improvements(which I'm not), video board in south east would be a priority for me. But that's just me personally. I know some, most maybe, don't have that issue. It's all personal perspective is all I'm saying. Definitely not losing sleep over it.