• The KillerFrogs

FWST: What does TCU need to do to win its first Big 12 road game at Texas Tech on Big Monday?

Purp

Frogs have shot exactly 25% on three pointers the last three games. Do that again and I doubt if we win this one
I disagree b/c 25% on 3s may be less bad than Tech's percentage. Tech's basketball team is just like our football team this year. Top notch defense and absolutely baffling offense dependent on a single player (Reagor/Culver). Like our football team this year, their offense will keep teams in games all season even if they're having an off night shooting the ball. Their defense is terrific, but amazingly it doesn't generate a ton of points off of turnovers (also like our football team). We could shoot 15% from deep tonight and I wouldn't be shocked to see us win. The reason is b/c they'll also probably shoot a very low percentage from deep.

This game will be won on the glass. Particularly the offensive glass. The team with more 2nd chance opportunities is likely to win this one. I want to say turnovers should also be a huge factor in the game, but the way both teams are playing defense I won't be shocked to see both teams with 20 TOs by the end of the game. I said it earlier (maybe another thread), but I also won't be stunned if the winner scores less than 50 points. Gird up your loins for an ugly dog fight tonight.

Francis Xav

Tech basketball games are usually ugly. Great defense but long boring scoring droughts. If Tech wins, it's usually an ugly game.

I think the key in all of Tech's losses has been extremely aggressive on-ball defense, which leads to the poor Tech guards turning it over. That was the story against Duke, Kansas State, Iowa State and Baylor.

If you can bump, reach, hack and stay in front of Tech's guards without drawing a foul, it's game over, Tech's offense shuts down. If you can double Culver without giving up easy backdoor cuts to the basket, Tech's offense shuts down.

Tech guards Moretti and Mooney are just slow, unathletic and don't take contact well. If you play off of them and aren't aggressive, they can hit shots and drive but if you're an athletic aggressive defender that gets away with a little reaching and bumping, it's easy to shut them down.
Ramp up d get turnovers and RUN . Play our game .

Portland Frog

What I’m worried about are unforced TOs on the road by the frogs. Minimize these and the frogs can win. Sure Tech will force some with stellar defense. But not all of them. Maybe not even half of them. Take care of the ball, rebound as others have said and have a good chance to win.

4 Oaks Frog

What I like is that now teams prepare for the Frogs. In the not too distant past, they just played through us to get to their next game. It is a lot more fun being relevant. Also, there was a whole lot less conversation and expert opinions on KF.c back then. Good for us!
GO FROGS!
BEAT EVERYBODY!
Spit Blood~~<~<and [Baylor asshoe]!!

Purp

This will be uglier than the Florida game. First to 50 wins. I can see neither team getting to 50 too. Our offense has been in a funk lately, but our defense has really been impressive at the same time. Tech can't score without Culver hot, but they can play some defense. I honestly can see both teams sub-50 tonight. If we can get Bane and Noi hot from the perimeter we could pull away, though. Alex and KD MUST take care of the ball tonight.

The best match-up to watch tonight is on the glass. The way Jamie has had us focusing on rebounding to win lately I think that will be the key stat that determines the outcome of this one.
I too missed the mark. Did not see that offensive explosion coming from TT. What we saw tonight is like our football offense scoring 60+ against Texas.