• The KillerFrogs

FWST: What does TCU need to do to win its first Big 12 road game at Texas Tech on Big Monday?

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
What does TCU need to do to win its first Big 12 road game at Texas Tech on Big Monday?

By Drew Davison

TCU has had its chances to win on the road early in Big 12 play.

The Frogs rallied from a double-digit deficit to make it a one-possession game late at Kansas earlier this month. They had a lead with less than a minute left at Oklahoma before letting it slip away.

At Kansas State? Well, TCU endured its most lopsided loss of the season in a turnover-prone game.

Read more here: https://www.star-telegram.com/sport...niversity/article225161060.html#storylink=cpy

Limp Lizard

Basketball always amazes me on how huge the home court advantage is. Especially in college, compared, to, say football. Lose by 15 on the road, beat the same team by 25 at home. Amazing.

MTfrog5

Win by 1.

This will absolutely be an ugly game for anyone watching, except the fans of the winning team.
Going in knowing this will be an ugly game really going to make this game more enjoyable. Be ready for another game where whoever gets to 60 probably wins

Purp

Going in knowing this will be an ugly game really going to make this game more enjoyable. Be ready for another game where whoever gets to 60 probably wins
This will be uglier than the Florida game. First to 50 wins. I can see neither team getting to 50 too. Our offense has been in a funk lately, but our defense has really been impressive at the same time. Tech can't score without Culver hot, but they can play some defense. I honestly can see both teams sub-50 tonight. If we can get Bane and Noi hot from the perimeter we could pull away, though. Alex and KD MUST take care of the ball tonight.

The best match-up to watch tonight is on the glass. The way Jamie has had us focusing on rebounding to win lately I think that will be the key stat that determines the outcome of this one.

MTfrog5

This will be uglier than the Florida game. First to 50 wins. I can see neither team getting to 50 too. Our offense has been in a funk lately, but our defense has really been impressive at the same time. Tech can't score without Culver hot, but they can play some defense. I honestly can see both teams sub-50 tonight. If we can get Bane and Noi hot from the perimeter we could pull away, though. Alex and KD MUST take care of the ball tonight.

The best match-up to watch tonight is on the glass. The way Jamie has had us focusing on rebounding to win lately I think that will be the key stat that determines the outcome of this one.
I said 50 in the game thread Saturday and decided to be optimistic today. I agree with everything you said though

Eight

• much more good alex than bad alex
  • noi to continue his development as the oceania version of scottie pippen
  • bane to shoot 50% from the field
  • 6-8 legit offensive touches for samuel
  • continue efforts as a team in rebuilding and the improved half court defense
  • at least one from lat, kendric, or rj to make positive contributions
arkansas is fairly athletic and plays a style that really disrupts any offensive flow. i am not sure how much can be taken from the tech game versus the hawgs on saturday.

biggest concern i had is in the last two tcu wins the opponents had shot the ball poorly, especially from behind the arc.

tech as a team shoots right around 35% from there. they shoot below that number i like the frogs chances, they shoot above that number i think it could be a tough night in lubbock

Wexahu

Basketball always amazes me on how huge the home court advantage is. Especially in college, compared, to, say football. Lose by 15 on the road, beat the same team by 25 at home. Amazing.

No sport has a greater discrepancy between how officials call home/away games than college basketball. And basketball is a sport that is hugely influenced by referees. That answers your question, it's really as simple as that. Home teams get the majority of the calls, including TCU when we are at home. It's been that way forever and it probably won't change.

TechAdvisor

This will absolutely be an ugly game for anyone watching, except the fans of the winning team.

Tech basketball games are usually ugly. Great defense but long boring scoring droughts. If Tech wins, it's usually an ugly game.

I think Tech has come back down to earth and teams are starting to figure them out

I think the key in all of Tech's losses has been extremely aggressive on-ball defense, which leads to the poor Tech guards turning it over. That was the story against Duke, Kansas State, Iowa State and Baylor.

If you can bump, reach, hack and stay in front of Tech's guards without drawing a foul, it's game over, Tech's offense shuts down. If you can double Culver without giving up easy backdoor cuts to the basket, Tech's offense shuts down.

Tech guards Moretti and Mooney are just slow, unathletic and don't take contact well. If you play off of them and aren't aggressive, they can hit shots and drive but if you're an athletic aggressive defender that gets away with a little reaching and bumping, it's easy to shut them down.