• The KillerFrogs

FWST: Three-star commit Karter Johnson says TCU was all about "family"

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Three-star commit Karter Johnson says TCU was all about "family"

By BILL GREENE

The 2019 class in the state of Ohio is loaded with quality defensive linemen, especially at the tackle spot with several of them holding multiple Power Five offers. One of the more talented defensive tackles is Pickerington Central's Karter Johnson.

After picking up over 15 offers, Johnson surprised a lot of people by committing to TCU in April. It was a well thought out decision, and Johnson was totally impressed with the program on his official visit.

TCU head coach Gary Patterson and his staff made it apparent to Johnson that all his dreams could come true in Fort Worth, and the decision was a no-brainer for the Ohio product.

"It just felt like family to me, and that what's made TCU stick out above all the other schools that recruited me," Johnson stated. "The family environment created by the coaching staff meant everything to me. They were very honest with me throughout the process, and I loved that about them. I won't be taking any other visits to see any other school."

Read more at https://247sports.com/Article/The-Ohio-product-committed-to-TCU-in-late-April--120854075/

Eight

Its not over with this kid. They will come knocking if they haven't started already.

agree he will start drawing more attention as coker, williams, duggan and much of this class.

that is the thing about recruiting talented kids, other people notice, and try to woo them away. sucks when one does buy into the other programs pitch, but it is the way of the college football world.

frogs have done the same and will do the same if they get the chance