• The KillerFrogs

FWST: This 4-star LB committed to TCU on Monday. Why he’s a ‘perfect fit’ for Frogs’ defense

Peacefrog

Degenerate
The person in charge of writing articles for the FWST (according to google it tends to be the copy editor) needs to go. How embarrassing.
It’s called the Growth Team. I’m not making that up. I got that info directly from a reporter at the FWST. And he hates it too.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Love this comment on his tweet.

Frost was AP COY one time, at UCF.

Patterson 2x AP COY, both at TCU and once in the Big 12.

Not going to engage the guy in a Twitter fight but you have to be some kind of delusional to pull Frost's accomplishments at UCF, and a 4-8 season at UNL as evidence that Nebraska is a better choice.

Coach of the year, blue blood on the rise, paid $1.15M to lose to Troy, started season 0-6...

BABYFACE

The Huskers do have a great fan base and they are marquee sports team in the state of Nebraska. However, their FB program has been down for awhile. They haven’t had solid footing since leaving the Big 12.

Going to the Big 10 has severed the pipeline into Texas. They don’t pull from Texas like they used to.

HFrog1999

It’s called the Growth Team. I’m not making that up. I got that info directly from a reporter at the FWST. And he hates it too.

GrossFaithfulIndianringneckparakeet-size_restricted.gif

ThisIsOurTime

This player moves well on his film. I don't know about the level of competition but it will be interesting to see how he adjusts to GP's defense. He could be someone that gets early playing time if he makes the transition well enough.

Also, obviously, Nebraska fans are a proud bunch so I am not surprised there may be a couple bitter fans out there. Really, they are a good bunch and would like to see them return to the Big12 and get the old rivalries going again. With regard to Frost, I suspect he'll do better in year 2 and it will be even more interesting to see how much he can improve Nebraska in the years thereafter. Good Nebraska football teams are good for college football so I hope things work out for Frost.

Last edited:

Portland Frog

I recall early in the season last year when CU was doing well the analyst on the broadcast (don’t recall opponent) mentioned the new HC’s connection to Texas HS football and they even showed a graphic of how many young Texas players were making an impact for them so far last season. It was also mentioned Texas will be heavily targeted given the established relationships moving forward with the HC and maybe others on the coaching staff with the state.

It will be interesting to see if those connections bear fruit at CU and their on the field results. I wonder how much those connections were weighed by the CU administration in hiring him.

Eight

I recall early in the season last year when CU was doing well the analyst on the broadcast (don’t recall opponent) mentioned the new HC’s connection to Texas HS football and they even showed a graphic of how many young Texas players were making an impact for them so far last season. It was also mentioned Texas will be heavily targeted given the established relationships moving forward with the HC and maybe others on the coaching staff with the state.

It will be interesting to see if those connections bear fruit at CU and their on the field results. I wonder how much those connections were weighed by the CU administration in hiring him.

cu's prior staff recruited the metroplex and the houston area some, but their new hc is the former dc at uga and his background is actually nfl background and the midwest.

they do have a receiver coach who i think oversees recruiting who did coach at tech, but i don't think their staff has many other members with direct texas connections. do know they kept darian hagan on staff who has connections to so cal as well as saul aunese's nephew.

Eight

i could be wrong, but i think dylan is actually the second defensive recruit for the 2019 class that picked tcu over nebraska.

frog corner tony wallace i thought was down to tcu and nebraska when he opted to sign with the frogs.

Moose Stuff

Love this comment on his tweet.

Frost was AP COY one time, at UCF.

Patterson 2x AP COY, both at TCU and once in the Big 12.

Not going to engage the guy in a Twitter fight but you have to be some kind of delusional to pull Frost's accomplishments at UCF, and a 4-8 season at UNL as evidence that Nebraska is a better choice.

The proper response from the kid here is “tweets like yours is WHY I didn’t choose Nebraska”.

Moose Stuff

i could be wrong, but i think dylan is actually the second defensive recruit for the 2019 class that picked tcu over nebraska.

frog corner tony wallace i thought was down to tcu and nebraska when he opted to sign with the frogs.

Correct. Can’t remembet a Husker/Frog battle that we’ve recently lost TBH.