• The KillerFrogs

FWST: Think Gary Patterson is paranoid about ‘inside guys’ at practice? You have no idea

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Think Gary Patterson is paranoid about ‘inside guys’ at practice? You have no idea

BY DREW DAVISON
ddavison@star-telegram.com

FORT WORTH – TCU coach Gary Patterson has seen it all in his career. He knows there are no limits programs will go to gain an advantage on an opponent.

Patterson rattled off a list of nefarious tactics he’s seen such as a team using a fake construction worker to tape practice, having “inside guys” on opposing staffs and coaches camping out behind bleachers to catch a glimpse of practice.

So Patterson doesn’t take any chances, including on his own campus. Patterson likes practicing outdoors, but doesn’t get into the “nuts and bolts” of the game-planning portion until the team finishes practice in their indoor facility.

Read more at https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/college/big-12/texas-christian-university/article219766850.html

Limp Lizard

I have this image of someone at home trying to hack into the football computer, and suddenly a few black helicopters with "TCU football" on the side appear over his home.

UT has eyes everywhere. Everyone wants them to be good again.

Baylor's Briles was known to spy and do anything possible to give Baylor the upper hand. His son in law was caught at the OU vs Tulsa game.

I'm glad Gary Patterson is paranoid. When lots of money is involved and jobs on the line then being protective becomes the best course of action.

Teams cheat with recruiting they would have no inner issues to cheat with hiring individuals to seek out gameplans, player personnel, video practices, etc. I'm sure they have no problem hiring someone just to concentrate on your team. Winning is worth every dollar.