• The KillerFrogs

FWST: The best coach in football is not getting the second chance he craves

http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/big-steaming-pile/article190905159.html

The latest round of firings and hirings in college football are nearly complete, and the best coach remains gainfully unemployed.

Art Briles can be found in Horseshoe Bay, one hour west of Austin. He won’t work for food, but close.

Briles waits hoping for the phone to ring with the chance he covets, to return to the identity and the routine that is missing from his life.

The question is does Art Briles deserve another chance after leading Baylor into the rabbit hole of hell, or is he the second coming of Dave Bliss?

Yes, it's a muck piece.

jake102

This is remarkable. Someone is whining about a guy worth $20+ million getting a second chance following a huge sexual assault cover-up scandal? Really?

Punter1

"Best Coach in Football".....what the darning darn. Usually writers don't write headlines but this has to be him. What a darning idiot. He is dead ads wrong on 100 levels....

I guess the guy can coach some football but calling him the best is ridiculous. More important than his coaching abilities, he firmly established himself as an awful human being by at best ignoring what his players did off the field and the way he and they conducted themselves on the field. Good riddance.

COWTOWN FAN

I guess the guy can coach some football but calling him the best is ridiculous. More important than his coaching abilities, he firmly established himself as an awful human being by at best ignoring what his players did off the field and the way he and they conducted themselves on the field. Good riddance.
I agree and Briles had problems at his previous schools.