• The KillerFrogs

FWST: TCU's Gary Patterson defends himself and program against allegations in lawsuit

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
TCU's Gary Patterson defends himself and program against allegations in lawsuit

BY STEFAN STEVENSON
sstevenson@star-telegram.com

TCU football coach Gary Patterson said he was hurt by the allegations in a lawsuit filed by a former player.

Patterson, speaking publicly for the first time about the lawsuit after Sunday's spring practice, declined to get into specifics regarding the allegations. Former receiver Kolby Listenbee alleges that he was bullied by Patterson and other coaches into playing with an injury that was not yet fully healed. The lawsuit was filed on Jan. 31.

"I guess I was a little bit hurt," Patterson said. "I'm one of those coaches that put everything in my life into kids. Growing them up, giving them opportunity."

Read more at http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/college/big-12/texas-christian-university/article203467944.html

Leap Frog

Please correct me if wrong, but the Kent Waldrep suit in 1974 vs.TCU football is the last I remember till this present one.
There have been several other players who lost most of their college careers due to severe injuries in games.
Kyle Gillespie, Gil Bartosh, and already mentioned Norm Bulaich come to mind. Others I'm sure, but these 3 had A.A. abilities.
Seems suing just wasn't the thing to do when you agree to play a violent game like football-- always the prospect of injury.

Last edited: