• The KillerFrogs

FWST: TCU won 'the Fort Worth way,' mayor says

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog

By Maria Recio, Anna M. Tinsley, Dave Montgomery and Aman Batheja

Star-Telegram staff writers

Fort Worth Mayor Mike Moncrief was unrestrained in his praise for TCU's football team, which bested Wisconsin to win the Rose Bowl.

"I think they showed they can play with any college of any size in this country, and they did so the Fort Worth way," Moncrief said. "They did it with class. They did it with a coach, staff and a team that understands opportunity and takes what life gives them, instead of demanding more."

In a friendly wager, Moncrief bet Madison, Wis., Mayor Dave Cieslewicz a pair of Justin boots to a Trek bicycle that TCU would win.

"I didn't tell him they were TCU boots," Moncrief joked. "I'll be sending him a pair anyway just to express the spirit of the competition." ...

Opintel

Moderators

By Maria Recio, Anna M. Tinsley, Dave Montgomery and Aman Batheja

Star-Telegram staff writers

Fort Worth Mayor Mike Moncrief was unrestrained in his praise for TCU's football team, which bested Wisconsin to win the Rose Bowl.

"I think they showed they can play with any college of any size in this country, and they did so the Fort Worth way," Moncrief said. "They did it with class. They did it with a coach, staff and a team that understands opportunity and takes what life gives them, instead of demanding more."

In a friendly wager, Moncrief bet Madison, Wis., Mayor Dave Cieslewicz a pair of Justin boots to a Trek bicycle that TCU would win.

"I didn't tell him they were TCU boots," Moncrief joked. "I'll be sending him a pair anyway just to express the spirit of the competition." ...
:tongue: