• The KillerFrogs

FWST: TCU senior Michael Landestoy sat tight for his chance to shine

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
TCU senior Michael Landestoy sat tight for his chance to shine

BY STEFAN STEVENSON
sstevenson@star-telegram.com

Few TCU baseball players have waited so long for a chance to shine in the Horned Frogs'every day lineup than Michael Landestoy.

The fifth-year senior is making the most of his chance to shine. Landestoy is hitting .361 with 10 RBIs after starting 10 of the first 11 games. Only Josh Watson has more RBIs on the team.

Landestoy, the son of former major league infielder Rafael Landestoy, was redshirted in 2014 and then started just 31 games the past three seasons. Landestoy said learning from older players, especially that redshirt season, former TCU greats such as Kevin Cron, Cody Jones and Derek Odell, helped him prepare for this moment.

Read more at http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/college/big-12/texas-christian-university/article204184354.html

Leap Frog

One of my favorite players and I am happy to see make the most of his chance
Very good story, great kid and a lesson for a lot of other young players.
Used to have a wonderful teacher who said " you have to have sticktoitivness."
Never forgot that, and M.L. seems to be loaded with it.

WhatTheFrog

He has made the most of his opportunities in the last few years, it seems to me. I think he's a better fielder at 1st than Baker, IMO.

Having said that, I wouldn't mind seeing Baker back on the mound. He was a beast his freshman year. Just think if he'd continued doing that.

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
He has made the most of his opportunities in the last few years, it seems to me. I think he's a better fielder at 1st than Baker, IMO.

Having said that, I wouldn't mind seeing Baker back on the mound. He was a beast his freshman year. Just think if he'd continued doing that.
I agree with that comment about Baker but the move to 1B was done with an eye towards his future in MLB

The coaches told me that he just projects better at the next level as a fielder and hitter than as a pitcher

WhatTheFrog

I agree with that comment about Baker but the move to 1B was done with an eye towards his future in MLB

The coaches told me that he just projects better at the next level as a fielder and hitter than as a pitcher
I completely understand that, but you gotta admit...Baker was boss on the mound. At the time he was pitching, anyway (2 seasons ago).

He might not have been our best pitcher, but he was darn good. I guess that's what I'm saying.

Here's to hoping that he stays healthy all season this go round!