• The KillerFrogs

FWST: TCU RB Zach Evans is done for the season, interim football coach Jerry Kill says

CountryFrog

I hope he stays, but won't be surprised if he transfers. He has seen what TCU has in a supporting cast and he can find much better elsewhere. The better the supporting cast, the better he does. The better he does, the more money he will get. In today's world of college football, very few kids have LT-like loyalty.
I love LT and what he did but do we know for certain that he would've been at TCU for 4 years if he'd had the opportunity to transfer to Texas or some other huge school, play immediately and get a couple million in NIL?

TRF51

I think I remember a play much like that as well. (Memory status: Foggy) I thought Lisfranc injury at the time, but you are likely right that it is more a ligament damage issue with the toes.

IIRC, "Turf Toe" is sort of a catch-all, but was mainly centered on the tissue separating from the bone as the result of turning at speed on artificial surfaces with grippy shoes. All that torsion is focused on that flesh surrounding the bones of the big toe and ball of the foot.

Ouch.

Sound knowledgeable, do you think Max has a Jones FX or an avulsion FX of the 5th Metatarsal? The play in question happened at the goal line, he had his toes flexed cause he was pushing off and their DT and our Lineman rolled up on his calf and you could see his foot bend. Looked like it hurt.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Sound knowledgeable, do you think Max has a Jones FX or an avulsion FX of the 5th Metatarsal? The play in question happened at the goal line, he had his toes flexed cause he was pushing off and their DT and our Lineman rolled up on his calf and you could see his foot bend. Looked like it hurt.
No idea. From what we have been told, he has "broken bones" in his foot. There's a lot of bones in there, and I can't imagine him playing with a broken metatarsal, especially #1, so that simply leaves us guessing. Could be the next bone down the line into the toe, and the neighboring toe bone as well, but, again, I can't imagine him out on the field at speed on broken weight bearing bones. All I can really think of for how that would feel is that old vid of Mr. T: "Pain."

I don't have a lick of specialized knowledge, just curiosity and the willingness to look things up.

TRF51

No idea. From what we have been told, he has "broken bones" in his foot. There's a lot of bones in there, and I can't imagine him playing with a broken metatarsal, especially #1, so that simply leaves us guessing. Could be the next bone down the line into the toe, and the neighboring toe bone as well, but, again, I can't imagine him out on the field at speed on broken weight bearing bones. All I can really think of for how that would feel is that old vid of Mr. T: "Pain."

I don't have a lick of specialized knowledge, just curiosity and the willingness to look things up.

I think I read an article referencing it this morning. Some one posted it this morning, might be it’s own thread.

peacock

It's smart to shut him down for the season, and I'm optimistic he stays. This seems to be a really good place for him, and Zach has been All-Academic Big 12 both seasons. Hopefully we will see him in purple again in 2022, but there is no doubt sharks are circling and smell blood in the water.

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain
I think a lot of fan’s perspective on this news is based on his 15 touches and take a seat act at the beginning of the season. If he’s hurt he should definitely sit the rest of the season, but since we’re still apparently operating under Patterson’s no comment rule on the severity of injuries it makes it harder for many to give up on their point of view.

Personally I haven’t heard anything that would make me think this is anything other than a bad foot injury.

arlingtonbell

Perfect picture up top as He is obviously telling his teammates about how great he is as the rest of them sit there flabbergasted. So let me guess hes so exhausted from recruiting Coach AFLAC to take on this program that hes too exhausted to play actual football?

Horny4TCU

I agree with this sentiment in general, but I wonder if he was wearing a Georgia or Alabama jersey if he might be playing?
If he was wearing one of those jerseys, he'd be riding the pine anyway. They have their RBs. Zach is really good, but right now he is the big fish in a little pond. We just need smarter coaches and for this injury to heal.