• The KillerFrogs

FWST: TCU RB Zach Evans is done for the season, interim football coach Jerry Kill says

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
TCU RB Zach Evans is done for the season, interim football coach Jerry Kill says

FTW_BaylorvsTCUcfb11

BY DREW DAVISON

TCU star running back Zach Evans is being shut down for the rest of the season, interim coach Jerry Kill said Tuesday.

Evans won’t be available for the regular-season finale at Iowa State on Friday afternoon, and he won’t play in a bowl game should TCU become eligible. Evans has missed the last four games with a lingering turf toe injury he sustained during the Oct. 9 game at Texas Tech.

Evans finishes his sophomore campaign with 648 yards rushing and five touchdowns. He also had 51 yards receiving on five receptions.

Read more at: https://www.star-telegram.com/sport...niversity/article256072287.html#storylink=cpy

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Lots of negative vibes, man...

It could very well be that the kid is indeed injured. Badly. He could be able to play, but risks aggravation of the existing injury and the possibility of permanent damage if he does so. It is wiser to not play and allow healing, than risk permanent injury playing in a meaningless game in a wasted season.

Additionally, the kid seems to be a leader on the sidelines and a positive influence. It is difficult to know, given the Wall of Silence, but this is the impression I get. We need leaders. People who will set examples. Players who will hold others accountable. Running this one off because of an injury we know nothing about is unwise, and just a wee bit churlish...

Diehard

It could very well be that the kid is indeed injured. Badly. He could be able to play, but risks aggravation of the existing injury and the possibility of permanent damage if he does so. It is wiser to not play and allow healing, than risk permanent injury playing in a meaningless game in a wasted season.

Additionally, the kid seems to be a leader on the sidelines and a positive influence. It is difficult to know, given the Wall of Silence, but this is the impression I get. We need leaders. People who will set examples. Players who will hold others accountable. Running this one off because of an injury we know nothing about is unwise, and just a wee bit churlish...
"It could very well be that the kid is indeed injured"...............He is!

Relic

I agree with this sentiment in general, but I wonder if he was wearing a Georgia or Alabama jersey if he might be playing?

BrewingFrog

"It could very well be that the kid is indeed injured"...............He is!
I know. He has not struck me as a shirker. If we look back on things, and the limited number of carries he was making, this injury has probably lingered and worsened to the point that they shut him down to simply let it heal up without doing further damage.

"In an environment with no facts, rumor is king."

TRF51

I know. He has not struck me as a shirker. If we look back on things, and the limited number of carries he was making, this injury has probably lingered and worsened to the point that they shut him down to simply let it heal up without doing further damage.

"In an environment with no facts, rumor is king."

I remember watching the exact play when it happened. It looked like his foot (toes) bent way back in a way they are not intended too. No doubt he was hurt but that was like 6 weeks ago. He went on Instagram last night and told people he is in a boot, I am guessing he had a procedure done. I do think he probably could have played but would have been no where near 100% and probably didn't want to put out bad tape in case he transfers.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
Turf toe healing time

Grade 1 injuries may resolve partially or fully within one week. Grade 2 injuries may take around 2 weeks to resolve. Grade 3 injuries may require anywhere from 2 to 6 months before healing is complete. Occasionally, a Grade 3 turf toe injury may require surgery.Aug 2, 2017

BrewingFrog

I remember watching the exact play when it happened. It looked like his foot (toes) bent way back in a way they are not intended too. No doubt he was hurt but that was like 6 weeks ago. He went on Instagram last night and told people he is in a boot, I am guessing he had a procedure done. I do think he probably could have played but would have been no where near 100% and probably didn't want to put out bad tape in case he transfers.
I think I remember a play much like that as well. (Memory status: Foggy) I thought Lisfranc injury at the time, but you are likely right that it is more a ligament damage issue with the toes.

IIRC, "Turf Toe" is sort of a catch-all, but was mainly centered on the tissue separating from the bone as the result of turning at speed on artificial surfaces with grippy shoes. All that torsion is focused on that flesh surrounding the bones of the big toe and ball of the foot.

Ouch.

4 Oaks Frog

There is so much [ deposit from a bull that looks like Art Briles ] on here. The kid is hurt…scheiss! It is terrible to treat these kids in such a shallow manner. He is a kid, for Christ’s Why always the negative. He is a good kid, good student and a good leader. He will heal, and he will be back to have an amazing year as a Frog next year.
GO FROGS!
BEAT ISU!
Spit Blood ~~<~<and fornicate baylor!!

MadFrog

I hope he stays, but won't be surprised if he transfers. He has seen what TCU has in a supporting cast and he can find much better elsewhere. The better the supporting cast, the better he does. The better he does, the more money he will get. In today's world of college football, very few kids have LT-like loyalty.